This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Categories||Literary magazine, Canadian culture|
|Company||The Geist Foundation|
Geist is a Canadian literary magazine. Geist has been published four times a year in Vancouver since 1990. The magazine takes its name from the German word geist, meaning "mind" or "spirit." Geist is a member of Magazines Canada and the B.C. Association of Magazine Publishers.
Geist is known for its series of Canadian maps (e.g. "Canadian placenames that sound impolite," "The Beer Map of Canada," etc.) and for spearheading various campaigns, such as petitions to have folk singer Stan Rogers inducted into the Canadian Music Hall of Fame and the Geist Annual Literal Literary Postcard Contest.
The magazine was co-founded by Stephen Osborne and Mary Schendlinger. On April 20, 2015, Geist announced that Osborne and Schendlinger would be stepping down and staff members Michał Kozłowski and AnnMarie MacKinnon (formerly Associate Publisher and Operations Manager) would be taking over as Publisher and Associate Publisher, respectively.
- Edith Iglauer
- Ann Diamond
- Miriam Toews
- David Albahari
- Alberto Manguel
- George Fetherling
- Stephen Henighan
- Sheila Heti
- Moez Surani
- Evelyn Lau
- J. Jill Robinson
- Annabel Lyon
- Lynn Coady
- Aug 18, CBC Books · Posted:; November 23, 2017 11:14 AM ET | Last Updated:; 2018. "A guide to Canadian literary magazines and journals open to submissions | CBC Books". CBC. Retrieved 2019-03-17.
- "Member Directory". Magazines Canada. Retrieved 2019-03-17.
- "Geist". Retrieved 2019-03-17.
- The Geist Atlas of Canada.
- "Stan-ecdotes" Geist.com. Retrieved on 2009-03-20.
- "The 15th Annual Literal Literary Postcard Story Contest". Geist.com. 2019-02-20. Retrieved 2019-03-17.
- "Postcard Stories From Geist Magazine" World Hum. Retrieved on 2009-03-20.
- Geist Founders Usurped After 95 Issues Geist.com. Retrieved on 2015-05-25.