Gekisou Sentai Carranger
|Gekisou Sentai Carranger|
The title card for Gekisou Sentai Carranger
|Opening theme||"Gekisou Sentai Carranger" by Naritaka Takayama|
|Ending theme||"Paradise Samba" by Naritaka Takayama|
|Country of origin||Japan|
|No. of episodes||48|
|Running time||approx. 20 minutes'|
|Original network||TV Asahi|
|Original release||March 1, 1996 – February 7, 1997|
|Preceded by||Chōriki Sentai Ohranger|
|Followed by||Denji Sentai Megaranger|
Gekisou Sentai Carranger (激走戦隊カーレンジャー Gekisō Sentai Kārenjā?, [Note 1]) is a Japanese tokusatsu television show. It was Toei's twentieth production of the Super Sentai television series. The show was written as a parody of its own series. Its action footage was used in Power Rangers Turbo.
On January 6, 2017, Amazon set to pre-order "Gekisou Sentai Carranger: Complete Series" on DVD by Shout! Factory and will be release on North America Region 1 on April 25th, 2017. This will be the fifth Super Sentai that released in North America.
Five workers from the Pegasus Auto Garage discover Dappu, an alien from planet Hazard. He empowers the five with the "Kurumagic" power of the five legendary car constellations, transforming them into Carrangers. As Carrangers, the five battle an alien reckless driver gang and prevent them from destroying Earth.
- Kyosuke Jinnai/Red Racer (陣内 恭介/レッドレーサー Jinnai Kyōsuke/Reddo Rēsā?)
- Naoki Domon/Blue Racer (土門 直樹/ブルーレーサー Domon Naoki/Burū Rēsā?)
- Minoru Uesugi/Green Racer (上杉 実/グリーンレーサー Uesugi Minoru/Gurīn Rēsā?)
- Natsumi Shinohara/Yellow Racer (志乃原 菜摘/イエローレーサー Shinohara Natsumi/Ierō Rēsā?)
- Yoko Yagami/Pink Racer (八神 洋子/ピンクレーサー Yagami Yōko/Pinku Rēsā?)
Space Bosozoku Bowzock
The Space Bōsōzoku Bowzock (宇宙暴走族ボーゾック Uchū Bōsōzoku Bōzokku?) is an intergalactic biker gang with no regard for the laws of traffic. Hired by Exhaus to pave the way for his highway by blowing up every planet in the way of construction. They have targeted Earth, the last of such planets, for destruction and frequently hang out at the BB Saloon, a bar in the Baribarian spacecraft. After he had absorbed the Carrangers' Carmagic Power, Exhaus set the Baribarian spacecraft on fire and sent it crashing to Earth, only to have it stopped by Sirender and the Carranger in human form take control of it and drove it straight into Exhaus to try and kill him. It didn't kill him, though it was destroyed.
- The initial syllabes from the Carrangers' surnames form the word "Jidousha", which in Japanese means Automobile.
- "Tenma" is the Japanese name for "pegasus".
- Radietta Fanbelt's first name is a pun on a car Radiator.
- The name Bowzock is a play off of "Bōsōzoku", a term used for biker gangs, punks who ride around in hotrods, or those with no respect for traffic laws.
- Exhaus' name is based on "Exhaust", as his debut involved him using exhaust on Police Planet.
- The Bowzock leaders' names are puns on car parts; Gynamo is based on dynamo, Zelmoda on セルモーター (Seru Motā?)(Japanese word for Starter motor), and Grotch on clutch.
- While Zonnette's name is a pun on bonnet, her true identity's given name is a pun on vanity mirror while her family name is a pun on fan belt.
- Ritchihiker's name is a pun from the word hitchhiker.
- Norishiron 12's name is a pun from the word 糊代 (Norishiro?) , the Japanese word for overlap
- Wumpers' name is a pun on wiper and bumper.
- HH Deo is named after Hideo Nomo and Hyuma Hoshi, from Star of the Giants.
- SS Pamaan is named after Superman, and to a lesser extent is reminiscent of Paaman.
|No.||Title||Original air date|
|1||"Fighting for Traffic Safety"
"Tatakau Kōtsū Anzen" (戦う交通安全)
|March 1, 1996|
|2||"Dancing Noise Pollution"
"Odoru Sōonkōgai" (踊る騒音公害)
|March 8, 1996|
|3||"The Beginner's Mark of Justice"
"Seigi no Shoshinsha Māku" (正義の初心者
|March 15, 1996|
|4||"A Red Light to Enlarging"
"Kyodaika ni Akashingō" (巨大化に赤信号)
|March 22, 1996|
|5||"Up Ahead, Racing Fusion"
"Kono Saki Gekisō Gattai" (この先激走合体)
|March 29, 1996|
|6||"We are... One-Way Traffic"
"Watashitachi... Ippōtsūkō" (私達・・・一方通行)
|April 5, 1996|
|7||"Blue is no Entry?!"
"Burū wa Shinnyū Kinshi?!" (
|April 12, 1996|
|8||"The Transformation Brace is not Carried"
"Henshin Buresu Fukeitai" (変身
|April 19, 1996|
|9||"A U-Turn to the Stars"
"Sutā e no Yū Tān" (
|April 26, 1996|
|10||"A Great Reversal!! Bicycle Training"
"Dai Gyakuten!! Jitensha Kyōshū" (大逆転！！自転車教習)
|May 3, 1996|
|11||"The Angry Overweight One"
"Ikari no Jūryō Ōbā" (怒りの重量オーバー)
|May 10, 1996|
|12||"The Traffic Light Guy Who Came From Space"
"Uchū Kara Kita Shingō Yarō" (宇宙から来た信号野郎)
|May 17, 1996|
|13||"March Out!! The Proud Emergency Vehicle"
"Shutsudō!! Jiman no Kinkyū Sharyō" (出動！！自慢の緊急車両)
|May 24, 1996|
|14||"Full Acceleration to Hellish Thunder"
"Ikazuchi Jigoku e Furuakuseru" (雷地獄へフルアクセル)
|May 31, 1996|
|15||"A Learner's Permit to Evil in the Midst of Love"
"Aku Made Karimen Ren'ai Chū" (悪まで仮免恋愛中)
|June 7, 1996|
|16||"Bad Wisdom, Merging Caution"
"Waru-jie Gōryū Chūi" (ワル知恵合流注意)
|June 14, 1996|
|17||"Wearing Authority, Head-On Collision!"
"Oshi Kise Shōmenshōtotsu!" (押し着せ正面衝突！)
|June 21, 1996|
|18||"A Lying Heart Under Adjustment"
"Usotsuki Hāto Seibi Chū" (うそつきハート整備中)
|June 28, 1996|
|19||"The Hit-And-Run Daughter of Love!"
"Koi no Atenige Musume！" (恋のあて逃げ娘!)
|July 5, 1996|
|20||"Test Drive the Ultimate Famous Cars!!"
"Shijō Saikō no Meisha!!" (試乗最高の名車！！)
|July 12, 1996|
|21||"The Carnavi That Surpassed Carnavi"
"Kānabi o Koeta Kānabi" (カーナビを超えたカーナビ)
|July 19, 1996|
|22||"The Tragic Traffic Rule Habit"
"Higeki no Kōtsū Rūru Taishitsu" (悲劇の交通ルール体質)
|July 26, 1996|
|23||"An Overheat to the Princess"
"Ōjosama ni Ōbāhīto!" (王女様にオーバーヒート！)
|August 2, 1996|
|24||"Urgent Launch?! New Leader"
"Kyū Hasshin?! Nyū Rīdā" (急発進？！ニューリーダー)
|August 9, 1996|
|25||"The Mysterious Squeezing-In Daughter!"
"Nazonazo Warikomi Musume!" (ナゾナゾ割り込み娘！)
|August 16, 1996|
|26||"The Nonstop Home Delivery Weapon"
"Nonsutoppu Takuhai Buki" (ノンストップ宅配武器)
|August 23, 1996|
|27||"The Junction of Transfers Away..."
"Tanshinfunin no Bunkiten..." (単身赴任の分岐点・・・)
|August 30, 1996|
|28||"Farewell, Traffic Light Guy!!"
"Saraba Shingō Yarō!!" (さらば信号野郎！！)
|September 6, 1996|
|29||"The Unexpected Great Monster Accident!!"
"Yoki Senu Daikaijū Jiko!!" (予期せぬ大怪獣事故！！)
|September 13, 1996|
|30||"A Shocking Debut! Working Cars!!"
"Shōgeki no Debyū! Hataraku Kuruma!!" (衝撃のデビュー! はたらく車！！)
|September 20, 1996|
|31||"It's a Full Model Change! VRV Robo"
"Furu Moderu Chenji da! Bui Aru Bui Robo" (フルモデルチェンジだ！ＶＲＶロボ)
|September 27, 1996|
|32||"RV Robo's Great Reverse Run"
"Āru Bui Robo Dai Gyakusō!" (ＲＶロボ大逆走！)
|October 4, 1996|
|33||"Awaken! Violent Dash Dapp"
"O-mezame! Gekisō Dappu" (おめざめ！激走ダップ)
|October 11, 1996|
|34||"Meddling in Love, the Squeezing-In Daughter"
"Koi no Sewayaki Warikomi Musume" (恋の世話焼き割り込み娘)
|October 18, 1996|
|35||"The Traitorous Traffic Light Guy"
"Uragiri no Shingō Yarō" (裏切りの信号野郎)
|October 25, 1996|
|36||"The Dubious Exhaust Gas Cleansing Operation"
"Ayashii Haigasu Issō Sakusen" (怪しい排ガス一掃作戦)
|November 1, 1996|
|37||"The Dreadful Universal Highway Project"
"Kyōfu no Daiuchū Haiwei Keikaku" (恐怖の大宇宙ハイウェイ計画)
|November 8, 1996|
|38||"Back Alright!? Imo-Youkan Life"
"Bakku Ōrai!? Imo-Yōkan Jinsei" (バックオーライ！？イモヨーカン人生)
|November 15, 1996|
|39||"I Love Roads!! The Space Pet"
"Dōro Suki suki!! Uchū Petto" (道路好き好き！！宇宙ペット)
|November 22, 1996|
|40||"Naniwa Anyway, Scramble Intersection Robo!?"
"Naniwa Tomoare Sukuranburu Kōsa Robo!?" (浪速ともあれスクランブル交差ロボ！？)
|November 29, 1996|
|41||"The Reckless Driving Emperor's Frightful Fuel Check"
"Bōsō Kōtei Senritsu no Nenryō Chekku" (暴走皇帝戦慄の燃料チェック)
|December 6, 1996|
|42||"Engine Stall On All Cars! Desperate Situation for the Giant Robo!!"
"Zensha Ensuto! Kyodai Robo Zettai Zetsumei!!" (全車エンスト！巨大ロボ絶体絶命！！)
|December 13, 1996|
|43||"Merry Kurumagic Christmas!!"
"Merī Kurumajikku Kurisumasu!!" (メリークルマジッククリスマス！！)
|December 20, 1996|
|44||"The Persistent Chicken Violent Dash Chase!"
"Fukutsu no Chikichiki Gekisō Cheisu!" (不屈のチキチキ激走チェイス！)
|January 10, 1997|
|45||"The Starting Point of True Love"
"Honto no Koi no Shuppatsuten" (ホントの恋の出発点)
|January 17, 1997|
|46||"Suddenly Ineffective!? Transformation Power"
"Totsuzen Shikkō!? Henshin Pawā" (突然失効！？変身パワー)
|January 24, 1997|
|47||"Hit and Break!? The Death-Defying Space Drive"
"Atatte Kudakero!? Kesshi no Uchū Doraibu" (当って砕けろ！？決死の宇宙ドライブ)
|January 31, 1997|
|48||"Forever Traffic Safety!!"
"Itsu Made mo Kōtsū Anzen!!" (いつまでも交通安全！！)
|February 7, 1997|
- Gekisou Sentai Carranger Super Video
- Denji Sentai Megaranger vs. Carranger
Gekisou Sentai Carranger vs. Ohranger
Under orders from Gynamo, SS Sutatanzo is sent with special gas Exhaus provided to put in cars to have them run away to the Baribarian to be chop-shopped into new Bowzock vehicles. However, while the other Carrangers handle the Gorotsuki, Red Racer drives Signalman to ahead of the cars to use his heart-warming song to guilt-trip the cars to return to Earth with Sutatanzo retreating. Later, after being forced to return to garage on foot, Kyousuke arrives to a hot spring where he finds a strange monster who is pursued by UAOH. The monster, Bara Mobile, manages to win Kyousuke over with a sob story of persecution as his teammates arrive. The UAOH team is also gathered and, after questioning each other, both teams transform to battle it out. While the others pilot RV Robo and Ohranger Robo in the fight's climax, Red Racer fights Oh Red to protect Bara Mobile. However, the Carranger's transformation attracts the Bowzock who help the Oh Red fight Red Racer before it escalates into a highway chase scene. After Red Racer learns that Bara Mobile is really evil, the villain revealing his insane plot to convert humans into Car-Humans, he stops Pegasus Thunder to hand him over to Oh Red. Under Exhaus's orders, while holding the regrouped Carrangers off, Gynamo has his men to take Bara Mobile back with them to the Baribarian with Oh Red captured as well thanks to Sutatanzo's high octane gas. The other Ohrangers arrive, learning of their leader's capture with intent to report it to Chief Miura so Kyousuke would face the consequences.
Later, Chief Miura arrives to the Pegasus Garage and offers not to press charges if the Carrangers rescue OH]h Red. But it requires them to undergo harsh special training to pilot Ohranger Robo, with Kyousuke being the most tortured among the group. Though the Carrangers passed, Exhaus expected the rescue attempt and had the Bowzock set up a trap so they be subjected to Bara Mobile's experiment and become Car-Humans along with Gorou. But Red Racer was not among the captured and he manages to save the others as they destroy Bara Mobile's lab. Taking the fight back to Earth, the Carrangers and Ohangers take out the Wumpers before defeating SS Sutanzo and Bara Mobile with a Booster Cannon/Olé Bazooka combo. The two monsters then enlarge with VRV Robo and Ohranger Robo formed to fight them. However, the fight becomes more hectic when Norshirion-Extra appears before Sirender arrives to even the odds as the Sentai mecha use their signature attacks to destroy the three villains. Soon after, having buried the hatchet, the two Sentai teams celebrate their win on the beach.
- Yūji Kishi: Kyosuke Jinnai
- Yoshihiro Masujima: Naoki Domon
- Yoshihiro Fukuda: Minoru Uesugi
- Yuka Motohashi: Natsumi Shinohara
- Atsuko Kurusu: Yoko Yagami
- Mari Maruta: Dapp (voice)
- Hōchū Ōtsuka: Signalman (voice)
- Miki Nagasawa: Sigue (voice)
- Megumi Hamamatsu: Radietta Fanbelt/White Racer (episode 25)
- Misaki Sudō: Radietta Fanbelt/White Racer (episode 34-)
- Kiyoshi Kobayashi: VRV Master (Voice)
- Ed Yamaguchi: Souichirou Tenma
- Rika Nanase: Zonnette
- Hiroshi Ōtake: Gynamo (voice)
- Kyōsei Tsukui: Zelmonda (voice)
- Takashi Nagasako: Grotch (voice)
- Nobuo Tanaka: Ritchihiker (voice)
- Osamu Kobayashi: Emperor Exhaus (voice)
- Tomokazu Seki: HH Deeo (Voice, 19)
- Shun Yashiro: WW Waritcho (Voice, 20)
- Kazuyo Aoki: AA Abanba (Voice, 21)
- Kaneta Kimotsuki: TT Terurin (Voice, 24)
- Eken Mine: WW Washoishoi (Voice, 28)
- Keisuke Yamashita: ZZ Gyurir (Voice, 32)
- Naoki Tatsuta: DD Domino (Voice, 26)
- Ritsuo Sawa: MM Shurrizukir (Voice, 44)
- Opening themes
- "Gekisou Sentai Carranger" (激走戦隊カーレンジャー Gekisō Sentai Kārenjā?)
- "Gekisou Sentai Carranger ~Full Accel Version~" (激走戦隊カーレンジャー～フルアクセルヴァージョン～ Gekisō Sentai Kārenjā ~Furu Akuseru Vājon~?)
- Lyrics: Yukinojō Mori
- Composition: Takashi Shōji
- Arrangement: Keiichi Oku
- Artist: Naritaka Takayama
- Episodes: 14–48
- Ending theme
- "Tengoku Samba" (天国サンバ Tengoku Sanba?, "Paradise Samba")
- Lyrics: Yukinojō Mori
- Composition & Arrangement: Takashi Shōji
- Artist: Naritaka Takayama
- Gekisō (激走?) literally translates as "Radical Racing".
- Official Gekisou Sentai Carranger website (Japanese)