Gemini (DC Comics)
|This article needs additional citations for verification. (February 2008) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|First appearance||Beast Boy #1
|Created by||Geoff Johns (writer)
Ben Raab (writer)
|Alter ego||Gemini De Mille|
|Team affiliations||Brotherhood of Evil
Secret Society of Super Villains
Fictional character biography
She is the daughter of Madame Rouge. In the Beast Boy mini-series, she sought revenge against Beast Boy for killing her mother, her insanity having twisted her mother's death as the deliberate fault of Doctor Caulder and Beast Boy when it was merely an accident. She attempted to frame Beast Boy for the murders of his former cast members in an old TV show. After being tracked down by Beast Boy, Gemini reveals the bound and gagged forms of Vicky Valiant and Tim Bender, two of Gar's old co-stars whom she intends to murder. She is thwarted by Beast Boy, Flamebird, and Nightwing (Nightwing having come to investigate the attacks, he saw through her attempt to impersonate Beast Boy as he attacked him when she failed to address Nightwing by his real name during their fight). Subsequently, she joined her mother's old group, the Brotherhood of Evil. Her first mission with them was an arms deal with the Penguin in Blüdhaven, but they were defeated by Batgirl.
Powers and abilities
Her powers are similar to those of her mother. She can take any shape she wishes at will, stretch herself like rubber and has an amorphous physiology. Currently, it is unknown what the limits of her powers are, though she seems to have a weakness to fire.
In other media
- Gemini is reportedly featured in David S. Goyer's upcoming Green Arrow film project, entitled Supermax.
- While Gemini was never featured in the Teen Titans animated series, within the spin-off comic series the daughter of Killer Moth began dressing up as the daughters of other villains and committing crimes as them, one of them being Gemini. Her mother, Madame Rouge, was featured in the show's fifth season and was voiced by Hynden Walch.
- Gemini did eventually appear in issue #48 of the series as a member of the Brotherhood of Justice, an alternate reality version of the Brotherhood of Evil. She took out and assumed the identity of Blackfire (a mirror universe version of Starfire) in order to infiltrate the Teen Tyrants.
- Batgirl (vol. 1) #61 (April 2005)
- Infinite Crisis #4 (March 2006)
- Teen Titans (vol. 3) #34 (May 2006)
- "Casting Speculation: Green Arrow AKA Supermax Movie". imaginecasting.com.
- Teen Titans Go! #48 (December 2007)