|This article is an orphan, as no other articles link to it. Please introduce links to this page from ; try the Find link tool for suggestions. (August 2010)|
|Industry||Plastic & Metal Products|
|John Moll, CEO|
Number of employees
The Company was established in 1972. Initial business offerings included sewing seatbelts and blow molding seatbelt covers for automotive Tier 1 companies in the United States and Mexico. When customers began moving operations to Mexico, the company diversified operations and a plastic extrusion division was born. A few years later, the company partnered with two precision machining companies and an aluminum extrusion die company to form a manufacturing alliance.
Each of the plastics and metals operations operated individually until 1996, at which time they united under one parent company, Gemini Group, Inc. The company is one of the largest employers in Huron County, Michigan, where it operates four plastics plants and three metals plants. An eighth plant is located in El Paso, Texas and services customers in the Southern United States and Mexico.
The former owner of Gemini Group, Bill Roberts, died on May 3, 2007.
The Company is structured as follows:
- Valley Enterprises (Interior Trim)
- Regency Plastics (Blow Molding)
- Gemini/Sierra Plastics (Plastic Extrusion)
- Thumb Plastics (Two-Shot & Multi-shot Injection Molding)
- GPMI South - Production Machining (Formerly Axly)
- GPMI North - Precision Machining (Formerly CKS)
- Briney Tooling Systems (Precision Tooling)
- Thumb Tool & Engineering (Aluminum Extrusion Tooling)
- In 2007, Thumb Tool underwent a $1.6 million expansion, and the State of Michigan awarded a transportation grant to widen the access road serving the factory.
- MSCED (Aluminum Extrusion Tooling)
- Consolidated Tool (Die Cast/Mold Tooling)
Recognition from suppliers
In 2009, Johnson Controls presented Gemini Group with a Bronze 2009 Supplier Performance Award. In 2007, Johnson Controls gave Gemini Group a Gold Supplier Performance Award and in 2006, a Silver award.
- Michigan Economic Development Corporation. "Renaissance Zones - Huron County". Retrieved 2009-11-07.[permanent dead link]
- "Company History". Gemini Group. Retrieved 2009-11-07.
- Frounfelter, Megan (May 10, 2007). "Bill Roberts remembered as generous businessman". The Huron Daily Tribune (Bad Axe, MI). Retrieved 2009-11-07.
- Official website
- "Bridgestone/Firestone North America Tire, LLC, Nashville, TN, has been named original equipment supplier for the redesigned 2004 Acura TL sedan.(Contracts, Licenses)". Rubber World. January 1, 2004. Retrieved 2009-11-07.
- Lorincz, Jim (December 1, 2001). "Shrink fit takes on transfer line tooling: system works in combination with presetting. (Toolholding).(Briney Tooling Systems)". Tooling & Production. Retrieved 2009-11-07.
- Finneren-Hessling, Kate (September 27, 2007). "Thumb Tool in Bad Axe receives grant for expansion". Huron Daily Tribune, The (Bad Axe, MI). Retrieved 2009-11-07.
- "Johnson Controls Honors Leading Suppliers During Annual Awards Ceremony". Johnson Controls press release via PR Newswire. November 3, 2009. Retrieved 2009-11-07.
- "Johnson Controls Honors 43 Top Suppliers with Performance and Leadership Awards". Johnson Controls press release via PR Newswire. 2007-09-25. Retrieved 2009-11-07.
- "Johnson Controls Recognizes its Top Suppliers with Performance and Leadership Awards.". Johnson Controls press release via PR Newswire. 2006-10-11. Retrieved 2009-11-07.
|This article related to a manufacturing company is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|