|Joseph Cavendish: Chairman; Dr. Edward Darmos: Executive Director of Synthetic Somatology;|
|Products||Somatic synthesis technologies; Scientific consultancy|
Gemini Somatics focuses its efforts on synthetic somatology, which is an adaptation of synthetic biology using pluripotent stem cells and artificially-generated genomes in order to adapt human life to potential future conditions.
Their work is based on the developments surrounding Mycoplasma mycoides and Mycoplasma laboratorium, as well as taking advantage of technological advancements including the NASA bioreactor and the DARPA REMIND programme.
Gemini Somatics have recently exhibited an interest in sourcing research material from volunteer gamers.
- "Gemini Somatics Acquires Significant Funding", Press release, Oregon , 12 November 2010, Retrieved on 22 December 2010.
- Gemini Somatics corporate web site.
- Darmos, Edward. “An Introduction to Synthetic Somatology”. Gemini Somatics (Scribd.com).
- Henderson, Mark. "Scientists create artificial life in laboratory", The Times, London. 21 May 2010.
- Golder, D. "The Clone Ranger", SFX (magazine), 6 December 2010, Retrieved 22 December 2010.
- "Gamers are the future" Corporate blog, IGN, 25 November 2010.
- "Gemini Acquitted", Press notice. Gemini Somatics blog. 11 January 2010.