|Born||Gemma Louise Atkinson
16 November 1984 
Bury, Greater Manchester, England
Gemma Louise Atkinson (born 16 November 1984) is an English actress, television personality and glamour and lingerie model.
She is best known for playing Lisa Hunter on Hollyoaks (2001–2005) and on three spin-off series, Hollyoaks: After Hours (2004), Hollyoaks: Let Loose (2005) and Hollyoaks: In the City (2006); for starring on Soapstar Superstar (2007) and I'm a Celebrity, Get Me Out of Here! (2007); and for playing Tamzin Bayle on Casualty (2011–2014) and Carly Hope on Emmerdale (2015–present).
Atkinson has dated Cristiano Ronaldo and was once engaged to Marcus Bent. She then dated martial arts instructor Liam Richards; the two separating in 2013. She is now in a relationship with personal trainer and former rugby player Olly Foster.
Atkinson rose to fame playing Lisa Hunter on the Channel 4 teenage soap opera Hollyoaks. Atkinson and Marcus Patric (who played the character Ben Davies) subsequently appeared in a spin-off series called Hollyoaks: Let Loose for E4, in which their characters started a new life together in Chester. This was followed by Hollyoaks: In the City, also screened on E4.
Other TV roles included appearing as herself in the pilot for Plus One, part of the pilot series Comedy Showcase in October 2009. In 2009, she appeared as Ria Crossley, the girlfriend of a drug dealer in The Bill.
In May 2011, Atkinson began filming for her part in the BBC medical drama Casualty. She played the part of Tamzin, a paramedic; appearing onscreen from 13 August 2011, but had confirmed on Twitter that she would only appear for ten weeks (10 episodes) She left the show on 1 October 2011, after her sixth appearance but later returned to the show as Tamzin in 2014.
In 2010, she appeared in the film The Sweet Shop, a romantic comedy about a Hollywood superstar and a small town sweetshop owner.
She played the role of Harriett in the 2012 film Airborne. In 2013, she starred in a remake of Night of the Living Dead, released in 3D. She played Barbara, the main female character. Also in 2013, she appeared in Devil's Pass in the US and The Dyatlov Pass Incident in the UK in March 2012, a film directed by Renny Harlin.
Atkinson's film The Dyatlov Pass Incident went on general release in the UK in August 2013.
Atkinson appeared in the West End production of Tim Firth's Calendar Girls at the Noël Coward Theatre, from 28 July to 17 October 2009 where she played the character of Elaine. Atkinson also went on tour with Calendar Girls, she played Celia aka Miss September in the production. The January to April 2010 tour of Calendar Girls also starred Lynda Bellingham, Judith Barker, Debbie Chazen, Letitia Dean and Jan Harvey.
Songs performed on Soapstar Superstar:
- Day 1: "Who Knew" (Pink)
- Day 2: "Fields of Gold" (Eva Cassidy)
- Day 3: "I Love Rock 'n' Roll" (Arrows)/Joan Jett & The Blackhearts
- Day 4: "Love at First Sight" (Kylie Minogue)
- Day 5: "You're Still the One" (Shania Twain)
- Day 6: "Brass in Pocket" (The Pretenders); Pink Medley: "Just like a Pill"/"Feel Good Time"/"Last to Know"
In January 2008, Atkinson appeared on Celebrity Mastermind.
Atkinson and her family appeared on All Star Family Fortunes on 20 September 2008, competing against Antony Cotton and his family. The Atkinsons did not win the show; however, Gemma was given £1,000 for her chosen charity.
In 2013, she appeared in an episode of I Love My Country, on BBC One. She took part in a celebrity edition of The Chase in December 2015. After the team beat the chaser, Shaun Wallace, Atkinson took home £25,125 for her chosen charity, Bleakholt Animal Sanctuary.
In early 2006, Atkinson underwent breast enlargement surgery, which took her bra size to a 34E. She said in an interview that she lost weight due to a fitness regimen and her bust size declined and that the surgery then gave them the original size and shape they once had.
Since launching her parallel career as a glamour model, Atkinson has appeared in provocative photoshoots in lingerie and swimwear, for men's magazines such as Arena, FHM, Loaded, Maxim, Zoo and Nuts. In October 2006, she appeared in three of the aforementioned magazines in one month, becoming one of the most prolific celebrity glamour models in the UK. She has also released calendars yearly since 2006, with the 2008 and 2009 being shot in Thailand.
Since 2006, she has appeared in FHM's 100 Sexiest Women list, debuting at number 32 in 2006; following her appearance on the cover of FHM, she moved up to 23 in 2007; rising again to 18 in 2008 and falling to 81 in 2009. She ranked number 46 in AskMen.com's 99 Sexiest Women of 2008.
Atkinson has undertaken a wide range of promotional work; she was the female face of the 2007 British Grand Prix and worked for the Orange promotion "On Yer Bike London" prior to the Tour de France.
Atkinson made her debut video game appearance in Command & Conquer: Red Alert 3 (2008) in the role of Lt. Eva McKenna, which she reprised in Command & Conquer Red Alert 3: Uprising (2009). She also took part in EA's "Be the One" event in Trafalgar Square on 29 October 2008, which forms part of the London Games Festival.
In September 2007, Atkinson did a 5 kilometre (3 miles, 190 yards) charity run for breast cancer awareness. She embarked upon a 228 kilometres (142 mi) walk along the Great Wall of China in April 2008, as part of a charity event organised by Olivia Newton-John's breast cancer awareness charity. She was joined on her section of the walk by celebrities Marcus Patric and Ant and Dec amongst others. The walk was intended to symbolise the steps cancer patients must take on their road to recovery.
Atkinson visited the Home and Garden Show at Chester Racecourse on 5 June 2008 to unveil the room she designed with furniture store owner Arighi Bianchi which would be suitable for teenagers in conjunction with the Teenage Cancer Trust charity. Her room design later won first prize and she collected a trophy for her efforts. It was created in association with Teenage Cancer Trust (TCT), the Home and Garden Show's official charity, and the design will now be incorporated into the TCT unit at Christie Hospital, Manchester. Atkinson was later asked to become an ambassador for Teenage Cancer Trust.
On 8 January 2009, Atkinson was at Spinningfields in Manchester helping to launch the Great Manchester Run, a 10 kilometres (6.2 mi) run for charity that took place on 17 May 2009. At the launch, she was joined by singer Russell Watson, and actors Anthony Cotton and Britt Ekland. Atkinson ran to raise funds for the New Children's Hospital appeal. She finished the 10 km run on 17 May 2009 with a time of 1 hour 6 minutes.
In May 2010, Atkinson again took part in the Great Manchester Run, she was competing on behalf of Manchester's Christie Hospital. She hoped to beat her time from the previous year's run of 1 hour 6 minutes. She ran a time of 57 minutes, beating her 2009 time by 9 minutes. In 2011, she again beat her previous year's time, running 55 minutes.
|2009||Boogie Woogie||Charlotte Bailey|
|Sweet Shop, TheThe Sweet Shop||Katie Powell|
|2011||How to Stop Being a Loser||Hannah|
|2013||Night of the Living 3D Dead||Barbara|
|Devil's Pass||Denise Evers||also known as The Dyatlov Pass Incident|
|2014||The Confusion of Tongues||Angel|
|2016||Fever||Rhea Wagner||Bollywood film, released August 2016|
|2001–2005||Hollyoaks||Lisa Hunter||631 episodes|
|2004||Hollyoaks: After Hours||Lisa Hunter||5 episodes|
|2005||Hollyoaks: Let Loose||Lisa Hunter||13 episodes|
|2006||Hollyoaks: In the City||Lisa Hunter||20 episodes|
|I'm a Celebrity...Get Me Out of Here!||Herself||Contestant|
|2009||The Bill||Ria Crossley||1 episode|
|2011||Waterloo Road||Mandy||1 episode|
|2011–12, 2014||Casualty||Tamzin Bayle||20 episodes|
|2012||The Hamster Wheel||Herself||5 episodes|
|The Real Hustle||Herself||1 episode|
|2013||Law & Order: UK||Becky Bryson||1 episode|
|2008||Command & Conquer: Red Alert 3||Lieutenant Eva McKenna|
|2009||Command & Conquer: Red Alert 3 - Uprising||Lieutenant Eva McKenna|
- Gemma Atkinson at the Internet Movie Database
- "Hollyoaks star Gemma Atkinson joins Emmerdale". Manchester Evening News. 7 January 2015. Retrieved 9 April 2015.
- "Gemma Atkinson: from Hollyoaks to Bollywood". Bury Times. Retrieved 9 April 2015.
- "findmypast.co.uk". Search.findmypast.co.uk. Retrieved 9 April 2015.
- "Gemma Atkinson: I won't cash in on Cristiano Ronaldo split". Now Magazine. 9 August 2009. Retrieved 17 March 2012.
- "Gemma: My fling with Ronaldo". The Sun. 5 November 2007. Retrieved 17 March 2012.
- "Gemma Atkinson – Great up front". FHM. Retrieved 17 March 2012.
- "Gemma Atkinson splits up with footballer fiance!!!". Entertainment OneIndia. 22 December 2008. Retrieved 31 December 2008.
- "Emmerdale newcomer Gemma Atkinson: "Life's too short not to eat cake!" – Celebrity News News". Reveal. 11 March 2015. Retrieved 9 April 2015.
- "Atkinson gets role in movie". Showbizspy.com. 1 November 2007. Retrieved 29 September 2011.
- Ali Jaafar (6 May 2009). "Edinburgh lines up 23 world premiers". Variety. Retrieved 26 May 2009.
- "Gemma to appear in BBC 1's Casualty".
- "Gemma in Casualty". Retrieved 6 May 2012.
- "Paramedic school jane was late". Retrieved 14 April 2014.
- "Gemma in Emmerdale". Retrieved 7 January 2015.
- Night Wolf at the Internet Movie Database
- Baseline at the Internet Movie Database
- "The Sweet Shop movie website". 21 March 2010. Retrieved 21 March 2010.
- "Gemma Atkinson Interview for iFILM LONDON".
- "Gemma in Airborne".
- "Gemma in Dyatlov Pass film". Retrieved 6 May 2012.
- "Gemma in Bollywood movie". Retrieved 1 September 2013.
- "Gemma's Peter Pan role". Manchester Evening News. 4 August 2008. Retrieved 4 August 2008.
- "Playbill News: Jerry Hall, Anita Dobson, Gemma Atkinson and More to Join London's Calendar Girls". Playbill. Retrieved 29 September 2011.
- "Gemma Atkinson Leaves Soapstar Superstar 2007". Unrealitytv.co.uk. 11 January 2007. Retrieved 29 September 2011.
- "Gemma Atkinson Gallery – Girls and Celebrities Pictures – Maxim Magazine UK". Maxim. Retrieved 24 August 2009.
- "In Bed With Gemma". Maxim. 31 October 2006. Retrieved 6 November 2006.
- "EXCLUSIVE: Gemma Atkinson reveals her 2008 calendar". Now Magazine. 12 October 2007. Retrieved 23 August 2000. Check date values in:
- "Gemma Atkinson". FHM. Retrieved 4 February 2011.
- "Freida Pinto – FHM 100 Sexiest Women 2009". FHM. Retrieved 24 August 2009.
- "Gemma Atkinson – AskMen.com UK". Uk.askmen.com. 16 November 1984. Retrieved 29 September 2011.
- "Gemma Atkinson named the face of Formula 1". Now Magazine'. 25 May 2007. Retrieved 23 August 2009.
- "Gemma Atkinson launches on Yer Bike London". Now Magazine'. 25 June 2007. Retrieved 23 August 2009.
- "Gemma Atkinson models sexy La Senza underwear". Now Magazine'. 27 April 2007. Retrieved 23 August 2009.
- Atkinson signed up to be Ultimo's "angel" Archived 27 October 2007 at the Wayback Machine.
- "Gemma Atkinson at the Ultimo Store Opening at Debenhams – The Lingerie Post". the-lingerie-post.com. Retrieved 23 August 2009.
- "UKMIX – Reviews – Goldie Lookin Chain – R'n'B". ukmix.org. Retrieved 23 August 2009.
- "UK actress the latest to join C&C: Red Alert 3 cast". 5 August 2008. Retrieved 5 August 2008.
- "Gemma Atkinson to star in Command & Conquer: Red Alert 3". Electronic Arts. 5 August 2008. Retrieved 6 August 2008.
- "The Great Walk To Beijing".
- "Actress on her marks for charity". The Bolton News. 8 January 2009. Retrieved 30 January 2009.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Gemma Atkinson.|