Gender, Place & Culture
|Edited by||Pamela Moss|
|Frequency||12 issues a year|
|Gend. Place Cult.|
Gender, Place & Culture: A Journal of Feminist Geography is a peer-reviewed journal published 12 times a year by Taylor and Francis to provide "a forum for debate in human geography and related disciplines on theoretically-informed research concerned with gender issues."
Abstracting and indexing
- Alternative Press Index
- ASSIA: Applied Social Sciences Index and Abstracts
- British Humanities Index
- Family Studies Database
- Gay & Lesbian Abstracts
- Feminist Periodicals: A Current Listing of Contents
- Geo Abstracts
- International Regional Science Review
- Multicultural Education Abstracts
- Social Planning/Policy & Development Abstracts
- Sociological Abstracts
- Studies on Women Abstracts
- Social Sciences Citation Index
- Web of Science
In 2018 the journal was the target of a scholarly publishing sting, in which a hoax paper titled "Human Reactions to Rape Culture and Queer Performativity in Urban Dog Parks in Portland, Oregon" was reviewed enthusiastically and accepted. The paper proposed that men should be "trained like we do dogs to prevent rape culture". Furthermore, the paper was recognized as exemplary scholarship in feminist geography by the journal on May 7, 2018, and was set to be honored as such as a part of their 25th anniversary celebration until doubts about its authorship surfaced.
- "Gender, Place & Culture: A Journal of Feminist Geography: About this journal: aims & scope". Taylor and Francis. Retrieved 31 August 2015.
- "Gender, Place & Culture: A Journal of Feminist Geography: About this journal: editorial board". Taylor and Francis. Retrieved 6 November 2018.
- "Journals Ranked by Impact: Women's Studies". 2015 Journal Citation Reports. Web of Science (Social Sciences ed.). Thomson Reuters. 2016.
- "Academic Grievance Studies and the Corruption of Scholarship - Areo". Areo. 2018-10-03. Retrieved 2018-10-04.
- Melchior, Jillian Kay (2018-10-02). "Opinion | Fake News Comes to Academia". Wall Street Journal. ISSN 0099-9660. Retrieved 2018-10-05.
- "'Sokal Squared': Is Huge Publishing Hoax 'Hilarious and Delightful' or an Ugly Example of Dishonesty and Bad Faith?". The Chronicle of Higher Education. 2018-10-03. Retrieved 2018-10-05.
- "Hoaxers Slip Breastaurants and Dog-Park Sex Into Journals". Retrieved 2018-10-05.
|This article about a journal on gender studies is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
See tips for writing articles about academic journals. Further suggestions might be found on the article's talk page.