December 31, 1942 |
Mount Prospect, Illinois
|Alma mater||University of Arizona
Idaho State University
|Coaching career (HC unless noted)|
Omaha Nighthawks (QB)
|Head coaching record|
Eugene M. Dahlquist (born December 31, 1942) is an American football coach and former player. He is currently the quarterbacks coach for the Omaha Nighthawks of the United Football League (UFL), a position he assumed in September 2012. Dahlquist was the head coach for the Scottish Claymores of the NFL Europe League (NFLEL) from 2001 to 2003, compiling a record of 15 wins and 15 losses. Prior to his professional career, he worked 31 years in the collegiate ranks. Dahlquist served as the offensive coordinator at five different schools, including Iowa State, Illinois, and Texas.
Head coaching record
|Won||Lost||Tied||Win %||Finish||Won||Lost||Win %||Result|
- "Gene Dahlquist". University of Nevada, Las Vegas. Retrieved 2011-02-16.
- Woods, Mark (2000-10-29). "Claymore boss cuts to chase in talent hunt bid". The Sunday Herald. Retrieved 2011-02-16.
- "Grid Iron: Claymores Coach Axed." (Fee required). The Daily Record. 2003-07-16. Retrieved 2011-02-16.
- Zager, Joey (2010-08-22). "Those Who Stayed Are Champions". Scout.com. Retrieved 2011-02-16.
- Markus, Robert (1991-12-20). "Dahlquist Leaves Illini To Join Mackovic". Chicago Tribune. Retrieved 2011-02-16.
- "Dahlquist given promotion to offensive coordinator". Eugene Register-Guard. 1975-04-14. Retrieved 2011-02-16.
|Texas Longhorns Offensive coordinator
|Scottish Claymores Head Coaches
|This biographical article relating to an American football coach is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|