Gene Grabowski (communications strategist)
|Alma mater||University of Pittsburgh,University of Michigan|
|Awards||PR News Crisis Manager of the Year 2007|
Early life and education
Grabowski began his career in communications as a reporter, working primarily in Washington, D.C. He covered congressional issues for the Associated Press and served as a White House reporter for The Washington Times and as Manager of Press Information at C-SPAN. Grabowski left The Washington Times in protest after a disagreement over an article in the publication regarding then Democratic presidential nominee Michael S. Dukakis and medical information.
Grabowski's career in public relations has involved many food industry crises, including the 2015 Chipotle Mexican Grill E. Coli outbreak, 2015 Blue Bell Listeria scare, and 2007 Pet Food Crisis. He has also appeared as himself, as the Vice President of the Grocery Manufacturers of America, in the documentary Super Size Me. Grabowski has been a guest on EPSN's Mike & Mike morning show as a public relations expert for his client Roger Clemens after a media crisis.
In 2007, Grabowski was named PR News Crisis Manager of the Year for his work on various campaigns, including the litigation struggle of the Kuwaiti detainees in Guantanamo Bay, Cuba, the 2007 Hasbro response to the global lead paint toy scare, and the North American recalls of pet food.
- "Public Relations Veteran Joins kGlobal". BusinessWire. Retrieved 5 June 2017.
- "Gene Grabowski". American Conference Institute. Retrieved 5 June 2017.
- "Public Relations Veteran Gene Grabowski Joins kglobal". BusinessWire. Retrieved 31 May 2017.
- "Reporter Quits in Dispute Over Dukakis Story". Los Angeles Times. Retrieved 31 May 2017.
- "THE WASHINGTON TIMES HAS HISTORY OF HYPED STORIES, SHODDY REPORTING AND FAILING TO CORRECT ERRORS". Southern Poverty Law Center. Retrieved 7 July 2017.
- "WHO WHAT WHEN WHERE WHY BE OBJECTIVE? POLITICS AND THE TIMES". The Washington Post. Retrieved 7 July 2017.
- "The Chipotle Outbreak: How Food Companies Respond To An Unfolding Crisis". International Business Times. Retrieved 7 June 2017.
- "Blue Bell Working to Get Past Listeria Scare". nbcdfw. Retrieved 7 June 2017.
- "Pet-food Industry Too Slow: Crisis-PR Gurus". Ad Age. Retrieved 7 June 2017.
- "Gene Grabowski". IMDB. Retrieved 1 August 2017.
- "Roger Clemens takes advice from newest PR man - Gene Grabowski". NY Daily News. Retrieved 1 August 2017.
- "Gene Grabowski". PR News Online. Retrieved 21 August 2017.
- "Hasbro ads to say it had no lead-paint recalls". NBC News. Retrieved 6 July 2017.
- "Gene Grabowski". PR News. Retrieved 5 June 2017.