|Born||Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, US|
|Alma mater||Allegheny College|
|Occupation||Writer, producer, reality television personality|
Gene Hong is an American writer, actor and producer best known for his writing on TV series' Community and Bones. As an actor, he may be best known for being in the original cast of MTV's Nick Cannon Presents Wild 'N Out.
Writing and producing career
Hong served as a writer/producer for NBC's cult comedy Community, writing the episode Intro to Felt Surrogacy. His writing credits also include ABC's The Goode Family, the MTV series DJ and the Fro, Friends with Benefits, as well as the animated Fox comedy Allen Gregory, created by Jonah Hill. He joined the long-running Fox procedural Bones at the end of season 9 and currently serves as a writer/producer on the show.
Hong has developed and sold six television pilots, five with Sony Pictures and producer Jamie Tarses, and one with 20th Century Fox and Chernin Entertainment for NBC where Hong served as writer, and executive produced along with Maroon 5's Adam Levine and Jake Kasdan.
Hong wrote a tennis dramedy feature film, Break Point, about doubles tennis, which was released in July 2015, produced by Broad Green Pictures. The film stars Jeremy Sisto, David Walton, JK Simmons, and Amy Smart.
- Wild 'N Out Home Page, MTV.com (accessed February 27, 2007)
- Owen, Rob. "TV writer Gene Hong hangs with roomie from Maroon 5", Pittsburgh Post Gazette, July 6, 2009. accessed July 2009.
- "MTV's DJ and The Fro". MTV. June 2, 2009. Retrieved June 7, 2009.
-  at the IMDB (accessed July 2015)
- 'New NBC comedy' at the Deadline Hollywood (accessed July 2011)
- The Deadline Team (July 12, 2013). "Jeremy Sisto And David Walton To Star in Indie Comedy 'Break Point' For First-Time Feature Helmer Jay Karas". Deadline.com. Retrieved July 2013. Check date values in:
- "Jake Gyllenhaal cuts loose on the Howard Stern Show". The Howard Stern Production Company. July 22, 2015. Retrieved July 22, 2015.
- "Kiva Blog", kivanews.blogspot.com. accessed March 2007.