Gene Lyons (actor)
Gene Lyons (February 9, 1921 – July 8, 1974) was an American television actor from Pittsburgh, best known for his role as police commissioner Dennis Randall on the NBC detective series Ironside starring Raymond Burr.
A life member of The Actors Studio, Lyons appeared in 1954 as Steve Rockwell on the CBS daytime drama Woman with a Past. Before joining Raymond Burr as a regular on Ironside, he appeared on Perry Mason in 1965 as murderer Ralph Balfour in "The Case of the Wrathful Wraith." He also made guest appearances on nearly two dozen other series including The Dick Van Dyke Show, Gunsmoke, Have Gun, Will Travel, The Fugitive, Ben Casey, Star Trek ("A Taste of Armageddon"), The Twilight Zone ("King Nine Will Not Return"), The Alfred Hitchcock Hour and The Untouchables. He also appeared in films including Kiss Her Goodbye and The Young Don't Cry.
- The Complete Directory to Prime Time Network and Cable TV Shows, 1946-Present. Ballantine Books. ISBN 978-0-345-49773-4.
- Garfield, David (1980). "Appendix: Life Members of The Actors Studio as of January 1980". A Player's Place: The Story of The Actors Studio. New York: MacMillan Publishing Co., Inc. p. 278. ISBN 0-02-542650-8.
- TV Guide Guide to TV. Barnes and Noble. 2004. p. 705. ISBN 0-7607-5634-1.
- Gene Lyons at the Internet Movie Database
- Gene Lyons at the Internet Broadway Database
- Gene Lyons at the Internet Off-Broadway Database
- Gene Lyons at Memory Alpha (a Star Trek wiki)
|This article about an American actor or actress is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|