|Fate||Merged with Commercial Union|
General Accident acquired Yorkshire Insurance Company Ltd. in 1967. All general insurance business was relocated to Perth, while the offices in York became the centre for the new firm's life assurance and pensions business.
It moved to a new head office at Necessity Brae in Pitheavlis in 1984.
General Accident acquired Stevenage-based Provident Mutual Life Assurance Association in 1995, merging it with the GA Life and Pensions business as Provident Mutual Life Assurance Ltd. York became the centre of all life assurance business and Stevenage of all pensions business.
- "General Accident Fire & Life Assurance Corporation Ltd". National Archives. Retrieved 18 April 2020.
- "1899 – General Accident Assurance Co, Perth, Scotland". Archiseek. Retrieved 18 April 2020.
- "The Fair City of Perth: Application for City Status" (PDF). Perth and Kinross Council. 5 April 2010. p. 8. Retrieved 16 April 2020.
- "Events timeline". Aviva. Archived from the original on 2012-09-17. Retrieved 2010-11-02.
- Historic Environment Scotland. "Aviva UK Insurance Building (former General Accident Fire and Life Assurance Corporation Headquarters), including landscaped concourse and two metal sculptures to the south, granite sculpture to northwest, excluding power plants to the west, car port and car parking area to the south and former recreation centre to the east, Necessity Brae, Pitheavlis, Perth (Category A Listed Building) (LB52450)". Retrieved 17 April 2020.
- "U.K.'s Commercial Union, General Accident to Merge". Wall Street Journal. 26 February 1998. Retrieved 18 April 2020.
- "Aviva launches General Accident brand". Post on-line. 1 April 2013. Retrieved 18 April 2020.