General Alvear Department, Mendoza
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Departamento General Alvear
location of Departamento General Alvear in Mendoza Province
|Established||August 12, 1912|
|• Mayor||Juan Carlos de Paolo, PJ|
|• Total||14,448 km2 (5,578 sq mi)|
|• Total||44,147 (2,001 census [INDEC])|
|Patron saint||San José Obrero|
The City of general Alvear is home to a campus of Universidad Nacional de Cuyo.
The partido and its agricultural lands are irrigated by the Rivers Diamante and Atuel.
- 1879, The land now forming Departamento General Alvear is conquered in the 2nd desert campaign.
- 1884, The lands are purchased by Diego de Alvear, son of General Carlos María de Alvear.
- 1912, The Departamento was officially created on August 12 and the Sarmiento Railroad arrived in the city of General Alvear.
- Colonia Alvear Oeste
- Corral de Lorca
- El Ceibo
- El Juncalito
- La Escandinava
- La Mora
- Línea de Poste
- Los Compartos
- Poste de Hierro
- My Alvear (Spanish)
- Municipal site (Spanish)
- Alvear Mendoza (Spanish)
- Tourist Site (Spanish)
- Information about General Alvear (Spanish)
- General Alvear Civil Defence (Spanish)
- Universidad nacional de Cuyo (Spanish)
|This article about a place in Mendoza Province, Argentina is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|