General Antiparticle Spectrometer
General Antiparticle Spectrometer (GAPS) is an experiment looking for antideuteron particle from outer space cosmic rays. Anti-deuterons can be a crucial signature of dark matter annihilations. GAPS uses long-duration balloon experiments looking for anti-deuteron particles.
Anti-deuterons cab be produced by the annihilation of weakly interacting massive particles (abbreviated as WIMPs). The goal of the GAPS experiment is to captured anti-deuterons in a target material, form an exotic atom in an excited state. The exotic atom would quickly decay, producing X-rays energies with pion signature from nuclear annihilation.
- Columbia University T. Aramaki, C.J. Hailey (P.I.), N. Madden, K. Mori, K. Perez, Florian Gahbauer
- University of California, Berkeley S.E. Boggs, P. Von Doetinchem
- University of California, Los Angeles R.A. Ong, J. Zweerink, S. A. I. Mognet
- Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory W.W. Craig
- Japan Aerospace Exploration Agency - Institute of Space & Astronautical Science, N. Bando, H. Fuke, T. Yoshida
- F. Donato, N. Fornengo, P. Salati, Antideuterons as a Signature of Supersymmetric Dark Matter (arXiv version)
- Columbia Astrophysics Laboratory, Review of the theoretical and experimental status of dark matter identi cation with cosmic-ray antideuterons
- Columbia Astrophysics Laboratory, Antideuteron Sensitivity for the GAPS Experiment
- UCLA, Cosmic-ray Cosmic-ray antideuteron searches antideuteron searches, Feb. 2016
- Astrophysics, High Energy Astrophysical Phenomena, Antideuteron Sensitivity for the GAPS Experiment, by T. Aramaki, C.J. Hailey, S.E. Boggs, P. von Doetinchem, H. Fuke, S.I. Mognet, R.A. Ong, K. Perez, J. Zweerink, 8 June 2015
- uchicago.edu, Antideuteron Signatures of Dark Matter with the GAPS Experiment, by Kerstin Perez Haverford College/Columbia University, U. Chicago HEP Seminar, February 16, 2015
- IOP science, Journal of Cosmology and Astroparticle Physics Volume 2006 January 2006, C J Hailey
- Phys.org Antiparticles flooding the Earth deepen the dark matter mystery, April 5th, 2013
- Gizmag, Dark matter, WIMPS, and NASA's Alpha Magnetic Spectrometer data, By Brian Dodson, May 19, 2013
- UCLA, UCLA Department of Physics and Astronomy, GAPS (General Antiparticle Spectrometer) project
- NASA, The General Antiparticle Spectrometer Experiment: Search for Dark Matter and Primordial Black Holes, by Charles J. Hailey (for the GAPS Collaboration), Columbia Astrophysics Laboratory, Columbia University.
- Columbia University, General Antiparticle Spectrometer Experiment, (GAPS): Recent Progress and Future Plans, C. J. Hailey, T. Aramaki, H. Fuke†, J.E. Koglin, K. Mori, N. Madden and T. Yoshida.
- Cornell University, The General Antiparticle Spectrometer (GAPS) - Hunt for dark matter using low-energy antideuterons, by Ph. von Doetinchem, T. Aramaki, St.Boggs, W. Craig, H. Fuke, F. Gahbauer, Ch. Hailey, J. Koglin, N. Madden, I. Mognet, K. Mori, R. Ong, T. Yoshida, T. Zhang, J. Zweerink, submitted on 1 Dec 2010.