United Nations General Assembly First Committee
- First Committee (Disarmament and International Security Committee) is concerned with disarmament and related international security questions;
- Second Committee (Economic and Financial Committee) is concerned with economic questions;
- Third Committee (Social, Humanitarian and Cultural Committee) deals with social and humanitarian issues;
- Fourth Committee (Special Political and Decolonization Committee) deals with a variety of political subjects not dealt with by the First Committee, as well as with decolonization;
- Fifth Committee (Administrative and Budgetary Committee) deals with the administration and budget of the United Nations; and
- Sixth Committee (Legal Committee) deals with international legal matters.
The First Committee handles all matters on Disarmament and International Security (DISEC). The First Committee on Disarmament and International Security meets every year in October for a 4-to-5 week session, after the General Assembly General Debate. All 193 member states of the UN can attend.
- First Committee for Disarmament and International Security
- Six Committees of the United Nations General Assembly
- Reaching Critical Will
|This United Nations-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|