|Headquarters||Cambridge, Massachusetts, Palo Alto, California, New York, New York, San Francisco, California United States|
|Joel Cutler, David Fialkow, Larry Bohn, Phil Libin, Adam Valkin, David Orfao, Hemant Taneja, Steve Herrod, Niko Bonatsos|
Number of employees
General Catalyst, formerly General Catalyst Partners (GCP), is an American venture capital firm focused on early stage and growth investments. The firm was founded in 2000 in Cambridge, Massachusetts, and also has offices in San Francisco, Palo Alto and New York City.
General Catalyst was founded by John Simon, Joel Cutler, David Fialkow and David Orfao in 2000. In 2011, the firm opened an office in Palo Alto and shortly after raised a $500 million fund. In 2013, it announced a $675 million fund followed by a $845 million fund in 2016. In 2018, the company raised $1.4 billion for its ninth fund.
On October 1, 2019, General Catalyst led a funding round with investment research platform Atom Finance as its sole investor at $10.6M.
- "Strategy". Retrieved July 9, 2014.
- "About". Retrieved July 9, 2014.
- "General Catalyst leads Series B round for Elysium Health - PE Hub". PE Hub. 2016-12-06. Retrieved 2017-08-13.
- "Venture firm General Catalyst loses co-founder". Fortune. Retrieved 2018-07-02.
- "Xconomy: General Catalyst Bags $1.4B for Ninth Fund as Tech Investors Go Big". Xconomy. 2018-03-26. Retrieved 2018-07-02.
- "No fundraising woes for General Catalyst; VC firm gets new $500M fund". www.bizjournals.com. Retrieved 2020-05-31.
- Woodward, Curt (4 February 2016). "General Catalyst corrals $845m for fund". The Boston Globe. Retrieved 2020-05-31.
- "General Catalyst raises $1.4B for new fund". www.bizjournals.com. Retrieved 2018-07-02.
- General Catalyst (company website)