General Catalyst Partners
|Headquarters||Cambridge, Massachusetts, Palo Alto, California, New York, New York, United States|
|Joel Cutler, David Fialkow, Larry Bohn, Phil Libin, Adam Valkin, David Orfao, Hemant Taneja, Steve Herrod, Niko Bonatsos|
Number of employees
General Catalyst Partners is an American venture capital firm focused on early stage and growth investments. The firm was founded in 2000 in Cambridge, Massachusetts, and also has offices in Palo Alto, California, and New York City.
It has invested in companies such as Snapchat, Stripe, Airbnb, Deliveroo, HubSpot, Datalogix and Warby Parker. General Catalyst also helps to incubate companies, examples including KAYAK, Naturebox, Altiscale and Highfive.
Among the firm's investments are: Airbnb, AltiScale, Axium, Black Duck Software, Boxee, Brainly, CCP Games, ClassPass, CoachUp, Datalogix, Datto, Deliveroo, Demandware, Elemental Technologies, Inc., Eons.com, Everyzing, FanSnap, flok, GoodData, GroupMe, Hands-On Mobile, Highwinds Network Group, HubSpot, KAYAK, Imprivata, Listia, NatureBox, Plum District, SignalDemand, Snapchat, Stripe, ThoughtSpot, Tudou, TuneIn, Virtual Instruments, ViTrue, Inc., Visible Measures, VISANOW, Warby Parker, and WonderHowTo
- "Strategy". Retrieved July 9, 2014.
- "About". Retrieved July 9, 2014.
- "Contact Us". Retrieved July 9, 2014.
- "General Catalyst Raises $675M Seventh Fund". All Things D. December 23, 2013. Retrieved July 9, 2014.
- "Our Team". Retrieved July 9, 2014.
- "Steve Herrod Joins General Catalyst", TechCrunch, January 16, 2013
- "", TechCrunch, April 7, 2016,
- "", Business Insider, September 15, 2015,
- Hemant Taneja: It’s About Building Relationships, The Wall Street Journal, September 4, 2013
- "General Catalyst Partners CrunchBase Profile". CrunchBase. Retrieved 2014-07-09.
- Boxee Adds $6 Million Second Round; Aims To Take On Microsoft, Apple In Living Room. Reuters, Aug 12, 2009 cached
- Steve O'Hear (15 October 2015). "Schoolwork Q&A Site Brainly Scores $9M Series A To Answer The U.S. Expansion Question". TechCrunch. Retrieved 2 July 2015.
- Jordan Crook (15 January 2015). "Classpass Is In Session With $40 Million In Series B". TechCrunch. Retrieved 17 March 2015.
- Clancy, Heather (May 19, 2016). "Can This Startup Become the Corporate Version of Google?". Fortune. Retrieved August 3, 2016.
- Former President of Tandberg Television, Reggie Bradford, Together with General Catalyst Partners, Launches ViTrue, Inc.: World’s First User Created Advertising Platform May 8, 2006
- WonderHowTo.com Soars Past 100,000 How-To Video Mark. Reuters
- General Catalyst Partners (company website)
|This article about a private equity or venture capital firm based in the United States is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|