This article needs additional citations for verification. (January 2007) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Coordinates (commune): Coordinates:|
|Region||Arica y Parinacota|
|Named for||Pedro Lagos|
|• Type||Municipal council|
|• Alcalde||Gregorio Mendoza Chura|
|• Total||2,244.4 km2 (866.6 sq mi)|
|Elevation||4,093 m (13,428 ft)|
|Population (2012 Census)|
|• Density||0.28/km2 (0.72/sq mi)|
|Time zone||CLT  (UTC-4)|
|• Summer (DST)||CLST  (UTC-3)|
|Area code(s)||56 + 58|
|Website||Municipality of General Lagos|
Tacora volcano lies in this commune.
According to the 2002 census of the National Statistics Institute, General Lagos had 1,179 inhabitants (761 men and 418 women), all listed as living in rural areas. The population grew by 16.5% (167 persons) between the 1992 and 2002 censuses.
As a commune, General Lagos is a third-level administrative division of Chile administered by a municipal council, headed by an alcalde who is directly elected every four years. The 2008-2012 alcalde is Gregorio Mendoza Chura.
Within the electoral divisions of Chile, General Lagos is represented in the Chamber of Deputies by Mr. Nino Baltolu (UDI) and Mr. Orlando Vargas (PPD) as part of the 1st electoral district, which includes the entire Arica and Parinacota Region.The commune is represented in the Senate by Fulvio Rossi Ciocca (PS) and Jaime Orpis Bouchon (UDI) as part of the 1st senatorial constituency (Arica and Parinacota Region and Tarapacá Region).
- "Municipality of General Lagos" (in Spanish). Archived from the original on 25 February 2010. Retrieved 31 October 2010.
- (in Spanish) Instituto Nacional de Estadísticas
- "Chile Time". WorldTimeZones.org. Archived from the original on 2007-09-11. Retrieved 2010-07-29.
- "Chile Summer Time". WorldTimeZones.org. Archived from the original on 2007-09-11. Retrieved 2010-07-29.
- "Región de Arica y Parinacota, Arica y Parinacota: Directora Regional de Senadis se reúne con alcalde de General Lagos". SENADIS, Ministerio de Desarrollo Social. Retrieved July 21, 2017.