From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Industry||Aerospace, Chemical processing, Electronics & Semiconductors, Food, Manufacturing, Medical & Pharmaceutical, Oil & Gas, Packaging, Plastics & Rubber Molds, Powder Bulk Solids, Printing, Space|
|Founder||Dr. Charles P. Covino|
|Headquarters||Linden, New Jersey|
Number of locations
Ajax, Ontario, Canada
|Candi Aversenti, CEO
Edmund Aversenti, COO
|Products||Coatings for metals|
General Magnaplate is a company that researches and produces surface coatings for metals.
||This section is in a list format that may be better presented using prose. (May 2010)|
- 1952 — Magnaplate Metal Finishers is established in Hoboken, New Jersey.
- 1967 — Tufram, Inc. opens in Linden, New Jersey to produce cookware, which is ranked Number 1 in the U.S. two years in a row by Consumer Reports.
- 1968 — Canadize is invented, a coating that augments surface hardness for titanium and titanium alloys.
- 1969 — The first man walks on the moon, and thanks to General Magnaplate he was able to drill into the moon's surface. A Canadize treatment on both the inside and outside of the titanium core sample drill tubes prevented samples being contaminated by titanium particles from the drill.
- 1970 — Nedox was invented, a coating that significantly increases metals' corrosion resistance and wear life.
- 1980 — General Magnaplate opens its Ventura, California facility.
- 1982 — General Magnaplate's Texas facility upgrades to its new Arlington location, and Candida Covino joins the company.
- 1985 — Ed Aversenti joins the company
- 1986 — Candida Covino becomes president of General Magnaplate and Magnaplate SNS is invented.
- 1989 — Plasmadize is invented, a coating which combines the advantages of thermal spraying with controlled infusion of dry polymers, dry lubricants or other materials to provide an entirely new composite with improved properties.
- 1995 — Hi-T-Lube is recognized by the Guinness Book of Records as the solid with the lowest coefficient of friction in the world.
- 2002 — General Magnaplate celebrates its 50th anniversary
- 2002 — General Magnaplate obtains ISO 9001 certification 
- 2004 — General Magnaplate plays a critical role in the Mars Rover landing by providing coatings for the landing mechanism.
- 2007 — Founder Dr. Charles P. Covino dies.
- "New Jersey Inventors Hall of Fame to Induct Six on February 18 at New Jersey Institute of Technology". NJIT. 1999-02-03. Archived from the original on 28 June 2010. Retrieved 27 May 2010.
- New Jersey Daily Press, May 16, 1952: Magnaplate Makes History
- Machine Design
- Magnaplate website: Canadize
- MacRae's Blue Book
- Magnaplate website: Products and services
- High Beam Research
- The Free Library By Farlex
- Magnaplate website: Accreditations
- Machine Design
- Manhattan College Quadrangle Archived October 18, 2010, at the Wayback Machine.