General Relativity (book)
|Country||United States of America|
|Publisher||The University of Chicago Press|
|LC Class||QC173.6 .W35 1984|
Published by the University of Chicago in 1984, the book, a tome of almost 500 pages, covers many aspects of the general theory of relativity. It is divided into two parts. Part I covers the fundamentals of the subject and Part II the more advanced topics such as causal structure, spinors and quantum effects. However, its treatment of cosmology is now outdated. It is aimed at beginning graduate students. The book uses the abstract index notation for tensors.
Table of Contents
- Part I: Fundamentals
- Part II: Advanced Topics
- Wald, Robert M. General Relativity. University of Chicago Press, 1984. ISBN 0-226-87033-2 (paperback). ISBN 0-226-87032-4 (hardcover).
- Wald, Robert M. General Relativity. University of Chicago Press, 2010. ISBN 978-0-226-87037-3. Reprint.
- Wald, Robert M. General Relativity. University of Chicago Press, 1984.
- A Listing of Technical Books for General Relativity. Daniel Finley. Department of Physics and Astronomy, University of New Mexico. April 1, 2018. Accessed January 18, 2019.
- A Guide to Relativity Books. John C. Baez et al. University of California, Riverside. September 1998. Accessed January 18, 2019.