|Single by Jennette McCurdy|
|from the album Jennette McCurdy and iSoundtrack II|
|B-side||"Put Your Arms Around Someone"|
|Released||April 25, 2011|
|Jennette McCurdy singles chronology|
|"Generation Love" at CMT.com|
Generation Love is a song recorded by American country music artist Jennette McCurdy. It was released to country radio on April 25, 2011. McCurdy did a cross-country mall tour featuring that song in order to raise money for the St. Jude Children's Research Hospital.
"Generation Love" is a modern country song. The song's female narrator laments on the modern generation, which is seen as selfish and caught up in mainly the technological world. It is contrasted with the early generations of the Great Depression, War veterans and the post-World War II generation that performed feats such as landing on the moon. The main message is to convince the current generation to be a generation that is one of love--"Generation Love".
The music video, which was directed by Roman White premiered on CMT around April 29, 2011. In the video, McCurdy is shown singing on a building rooftop with the ground littered with red hearts shapes. Throughout the video, young people are shown holding posters or balloons with hearts and helping the older generation.
"Generation Love" debuted at number 57 on the U.S. Billboard Hot Country Songs chart for the week starting May 14, 2011.
|US Country Songs (Billboard)||44|
|United States||March 11, 2011||Digital download||Capitol Nashville|
|April 25, 2011||Radio airplay|
- "Capitol Nashville". Capitol Nashville. 2011-04-12. Retrieved 2011-11-24.
- "Jennette McCurdy". Jennette McCurdy. Archived from the original on 2011-11-07. Retrieved 2011-11-24.
- "Capitol Nashville". Capitol Nashville. 2011-04-21. Retrieved 2011-11-24.
- "iTunes - Music Videos - Generation Love by Jennette McCurdy". Itunes.apple.com. 2011-04-29. Archived from the original on 2012-11-12. Retrieved 2011-11-24.
- Billboard Country Update
- "Generation Love: Jennette McCurdy: MP3 Downloads". Amazon.com. Retrieved 2011-11-24.
- "Future Releases for Country Radio Stations". All Access. Retrieved April 17, 2011.