|Directed by||Lauren Greenfield|
|Written by||Lauren Greenfield|
|Music by||Jeff Beal|
Generation Wealth was selected to be the opening night film at the 2018 Sundance Film Festival in the Documentary Premiere program. The film received its European premiere at the Berlin International Film Festival (aka Berlinale 68), where it was featured in the Panorama program. Other festivals include SXSW and CPH:DOX. The film was distributed by Amazon Studios and released in theaters on July 20, 2018.
Nick Allen of RogerEbert.com wrote that the film was "a stunningly deeply resonant documentary about notions as seemingly obvious as the value of love over wealth itself." Jeannette Catsoulis of The New York Times wrote, "Darting from micro to macro and back again, squashing obscene consumption against child beauty pageants and ruinous debt, its structure makes for an unfocused thesis," adding that "the through line... works." Joseph Walsh of Time Out gave it four out of five stars, writing that the film "lays bare society’s obsession with affluence and excess with scalpel-sharp insight" and "makes for bleak and compelling viewing."
- Catsoulis, Jeannette (19 July 2018). "Review: 'Generation Wealth' Examines Toxic Materialism". New York Times. Retrieved 7 September 2018.
- "2018 Sundance Film Festival: Generation Wealth".
- "2018 Sundance Film Festival: Feature Films Announced".
- "Generation Wealth selected to screen at Berlinale 68".
- "Generation Wealth to screen at SXSW in Austin".
- "Generation Wealth to screen at CPH:DOX Festival in Denmark".
- "Hollywood Reporter - "Sundance: Amazon Doc 'Generation Wealth' Gets Summer Release Date".
- O'Leary, Lizzie (17 July 2018). ""Generation Wealth" is about more than money". Marketplace.org. Retrieved 25 October 2018.
- Allen, Nick. "Sundance 2018: Shirkers, Generation Wealth, Colette". RogerEbert.com.
- Walsh, Joseph (12 July 2018). "Generation Wealth". Time Out. Retrieved 7 September 2018.
- McNary, Dave (17 February 2019). "WGA Awards 2019 Winners: 'Can You Ever Forgive Me?,' 'Eighth Grade' Win Screenplay Awards". Variety. Retrieved 20 February 2019.