From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Look up generic name in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
Generic name may refer to:
- Generic name (biology), the name of a biological genus
- Placeholder name, words that can refer to objects or people whose names are temporarily forgotten, irrelevant, or unknown
Business and law
- Generic brand, consumer products identified by product characteristics rather than brand name
- Generic term, a common name used for a range or class of similar things not protected by trademark
- Generic trademark, a brand name that has become the generic name for a product or service
- International Nonproprietary Name, an official nonproprietary or generic name given to a pharmaceutical substance
- Generic drug, a drug marketed under its chemical name without advertising
- Colloquial name, a name or term commonly used to identify something in informal language
- Generic (disambiguation)
- Common name (disambiguation)
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Generic name.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.