Genesee County Airport
|Genesee County Airport|
|Operator||Genesee County Highway Department|
|Serves||Batavia, New York|
|Elevation AMSL||914 ft / 279 m|
Genesee County Airport (ICAO: KGVQ, FAA LID: GVQ, formerly 3G8) is a county owned, public use airport in Genesee County, New York, United States. It is located two nautical miles (4 km) north of the central business district of Batavia, a city located within the Town of Batavia.
This airport is included in the National Plan of Integrated Airport Systems for 2011–2015, which categorized it as a general aviation reliever airport. Although many U.S. airports use the same three-letter location identifier for the FAA and IATA, this airport is assigned GVQ by the FAA but has no designation from the IATA.
Facilities and aircraft
Genesee County Airport covers an area of 326 acres (132 ha) at an elevation of 914 feet (279 m) above mean sea level. It has one runway designated 10/28 with an asphalt surface measuring 5,500 by 100 feet (1,676 x 30 m).
For the 12-month period ending September 18, 2009, the airport had 40,000 aircraft operations, an average of 109 per day: 96% general aviation, 2% air taxi, and 2% military. At that time there were 48 aircraft based at this airport: 85% single-engine, 4% multi-engine, 6% jet and 4% helicopter.
- 9G6 – Pine Hill Airport (10 nm NW)
- 5G0 – Le Roy Airport (11 nm E)
- 9G3 – Akron Airport (14 nm W)
- 7G0 – Ledgedale Airpark (14 nm NE)
- ROC – Greater Rochester International Airport (22 nm E)
- FAA Airport Master Record for GVQ ( PDF). Federal Aviation Administration. Effective April 8, 2010.
- "2011–2015 NPIAS Report, Appendix A" (PDF). National Plan of Integrated Airport Systems. Federal Aviation Administration. October 4, 2010. Archived from the original (PDF, 2.03 MB) on 2012-09-27. External link in
- "IATA Airport Code Search (GVQ)". International Air Transport Association. Retrieved June 17, 2013.
- "Genesee County Airport (IATA: none, ICAO: KGVQ, FAA: GVQ)". Great Circle Mapper. Retrieved April 15, 2010.
- "KGVQ – Genesee County Airport". AirNav.com. Retrieved June 17, 2013.
- Airport page at Genesee County website
- Genesee County Airport (GVQ) at NYSDOT Airport Directory
- Aerial image as of April 1994 from USGS The National Map
- FAA Terminal Procedures for GVQ, effective April 27, 2017
- Resources for this airport: