Geneseo Township, Henry County, Illinois
Location in Henry County
Henry County's location in Illinois
|Established||November 4, 1856|
|• Total||36.39 sq mi (94.2 km2)|
|• Land||36.31 sq mi (94.0 km2)|
|• Water||0.08 sq mi (0.2 km2) 0.22%|
|Elevation||643 ft (196 m)|
|• Estimate (2016)||7,353|
|• Density||205.7/sq mi (79.4/km2)|
|Time zone||UTC-6 (CST)|
|• Summer (DST)||UTC-5 (CDT)|
|ZIP codes||61235, 61254|
According to the 2010 census, the township has a total area of 36.39 square miles (94.2 km2), of which 36.31 square miles (94.0 km2) (or 99.78%) is land and 0.08 square miles (0.21 km2) (or 0.22%) is water.
Cities, towns, villages
- Phenix Township (north)
- Loraine Township (northeast)
- Atkinson Township (east)
- Cornwall Township (southeast)
- Munson Township (south)
- Osco Township (southwest)
- Edford Township (west)
- Hanna Township (west)
The township contains these three cemeteries: Mizpan, North and Oakwood.
Airports and landing strips
- Black Hawk Heliport
- Dewey E Greene Airport
- Gen Airpark
- Hennepin Canal Parkway State Park (east half)
- Hennepin Canal Pkwy State Park (west edge)
- Richmond Hill Park
|U.S. Decennial Census|
- Geneseo Community Unit School District 228
- Illinois's 14th congressional district
- State House District 71
- State House District 90
- State Senate District 36
- State Senate District 45
- United States Census Bureau 2008 TIGER/Line Shapefiles
- "Geneseo Township". Geographic Names Information System. United States Geological Survey. Retrieved 2009-09-17.
- United States National Atlas
- "Population and Housing Unit Estimates". Retrieved June 9, 2017.
- "Population, Housing Units, Area, and Density: 2010 - County -- County Subdivision and Place -- 2010 Census Summary File 1". United States Census. Retrieved 2013-05-28.
- "Census of Population and Housing". Census.gov. Retrieved June 4, 2016.