Genesis Communications Network
Type of site
|Owner||Ted Anderson, Genesis Communications Network Inc.|
The Genesis Communications Network, sometimes referred to as GCN, is a radio network created in 1998, owned by Ted Anderson. The network currently produces over 75 shows, distributed on more than 830 radio stations nationwide while also airing a handful of programs on America's Talk Radio as well as on shortwave. The network is known for conspiracy-theory programming; Alex Jones is its most prominent syndicated personality.
History and programming
Ted Anderson is the owner of the Genesis Communications Network. Anderson created the network in 1998 "as a way to promote his company, Midas Resources, a precious metals firm which as of September 11, 2015 Theodore Anderson's bullion coin representative registration. No. 40389579, is revoked. Further, Theodore Anderson is prohibited from being an owner, officer, member, or shareholder of any entity that holds a bullion coin dealer registration in the State of Minnesota for two years. " Based in Minnesota, the network carries "carries a lot of conspiracy talk radio." "By far the biggest star" on the network in Alex Jones, a prolific conspiracy theorist who became one of Genesis Communications Network's first personalities in 1998. Alex Jones frequently promotes a wide variety of conspiracy theories, include 9/11 conspiracy theories and claims that the Boston Marathon bombing, Washington Navy Yard shooting, and other events "are actually 'false flag' operations" by the U.S. government "or evil 'globalist' forces planning to take over the world." Jones' syndication with the network allowed him to reach a much larger audience; "[a]lmost overnight, he was on a hundred stations."
Shows and personalities
The network's shows include:
- Alex Jones Show. Hosted by Alex Jones, perhaps the nation's leading conspiracy theorist. Arguably GCN's flagship program, Jones's program airs from noon to 3 p.m. Eastern Time (although many of his stations tape-delay the program or air it only on weekends because it airs at the same time as The Rush Limbaugh Show).
- The Steve Sanchez Show hosted by Steve Sanchez is one of the more popular weekend shows due to its raw hard hitting nature.
- Baldwin McCullough Show. Hosted by actor Stephen Baldwin and Kevin McCullough.
- Daliah Wachs
- Free Talk Live. Hosted by Libertarians Ian Freeman & Mark Edge.
- Good Day. GCN is one of many networks that distributes a portion of Doug Stephan's morning program.
- The Jason Lewis Show. Hosted by America's Mr. Right. Jason Lewis was formerly syndicated on Premiere Radio Networks.
- Karel, openly gay radio host from San Francisco, hosts a one-hour daily show on the network.
- Katherine Albrecht hosts a one-hour show on the network.
- Home Talk USA with "The Cajun Contractor" Michael King
- The Mancow Experience Jan 13th 2014 GCN added Mancow Muller, host of the TV show God, Guns and Automobiles of the History channel; Mancow had previously aired on Talk Radio Network.
- Marilu Henner hosts a two-hour afternoon show.
- Mike Siegel, formerly the host of Coast to Coast AM, hosts a late-night show.
- Roger Stone, hosts a two-hour show, "The Stone Cold Truth", on Saturdays, 1:00 p.m. Eastern time
Brokered programming, mostly for alternative medical products, fills out the rest of the schedules.
Jeff Rense was carried by Genesis Communications Network after the Premiere Radio Networks, which dropped it the late 1990s. GCN took over distribution at that time, and carried the show through August 2009, at which point he pulled the show from the network after he accused fellow GCN host Alex Jones of terrorizing his family.
- Extremist Files: Alex Jones, Southern Poverty Law Center (last accessed February 19, 2017.
- Nate Blakeslee, Alex Jones Is About To Explode, Texas Monthly (March 2010).
- Sam Roberts, Dr. Joy Browne, Long-Running Psychologist of the Airwaves, Dies at 71, New York Times (August 31, 2016).