Genesis Communications Network
Type of site
|Owner||Ted Anderson, Genesis Communications Network Inc.|
The Genesis Communications Network, often referred to as GCN, is a radio network created in 1998, owned by Ted Anderson. The network currently produces 45 shows, distributed on more than 780 radio stations nationwide. The network is known for talk programming; Alex Jones is its most prominent syndicated personality.
History and programming
Ted Anderson is the owner of Genesis Communications Network. Anderson created the network in 1998 as a way to promote his company, Midas Resources, a precious metals firm which as of September 11, 2015, Theodore Anderson's bullion coin representative registration, No. 40389579, was revoked. Further, Theodore Anderson was prohibited from being an owner, officer, member, or shareholder of any entity that holds a bullion coin dealer registration in the State of Minnesota for two years. Based in Minnesota, the network carries "a lot of conspiracy talk radio". "By far the biggest star" on the network is Alex Jones, a conspiracy theorist who became one of Genesis Communications Network's first personalities in 1998. Jones promotes the 9/11 Truth movement and claims that the Boston Marathon bombing, Washington Navy Yard shooting, and other events "are actually 'false flag' operations" by the U.S. government "or evil 'globalist' forces planning to take over the world." Jones' syndication with the network allowed him to reach a much larger audience; "[a]lmost overnight, he was on a hundred stations.". As of September 2020, GCN's affiliate list for Alex Jones shows the program currently airs on 73 stations.
In May 2018, Genesis Communications Network and Midas Resources were named in a defamation lawsuit brought against Alex Jones and his syndicators. The suit was brought by the families of six victims killed in the Sandy Hook Elementary School shooting and an FBI agent who was at the scene.
Shows and personalities
This section needs additional citations for verification. (March 2019) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
The network's shows include:
- The Alex Jones Show. Hosted by radio personality Alex Jones.
- Daliah Wachs
- On Air With Doug, Jen and Victoria. GCN is one of two networks that distributes Doug Stephan's morning program.
- Home Talk USA with "The Cajun Contractor" Michael King
- Free Talk Live
Brokered programming, some for alternative medical products, fills out the rest of the schedules.
Jeff Rense was carried by Genesis Communications Network after the Premiere Radio Networks, which dropped it the late 1990s. GCN took over distribution at that time, and carried the show through August 2009, at which point he pulled the show from the network after he accused fellow GCN host Alex Jones of terrorizing his family.
- Extremist Files: Alex Jones, Southern Poverty Law Center (last accessed February 19, 2017.
- "Midas Resources, Inc. Review - Gold, Silver & Platinum Dealers in Burnsville, MN - BBB Business Review - BBB serving Minnesota and North Dakota". BBB.org. 2016-04-22. Archived from the original on 2016-04-22. Retrieved 2019-03-29.
- Nate Blakeslee, Alex Jones Is About To Explode, Texas Monthly (March 2010).
- "AM & FM Affiliates For The Alex Jones Show". gcnlive.com. 2020-09-08. Retrieved 2020-09-08.
- Moini, Nina. "Minnesota companies named as defendants in defamation lawsuit filed by Sandy Hook families". Retrieved 2018-05-25.
- "Sandy Hook Families, FBI Agent File Defamation Lawsuit Against Alex Jones -". newtownbee.com. Retrieved 2018-05-25.
- Sam Roberts, Dr. Joy Browne, Long-Running Psychologist of the Airwaves, Dies at 71, New York Times (August 31, 2016).
- Official website
- Manuel Roig-Franzia, "How Alex Jones, conspiracy theorist extraordinaire, got Donald Trump’s ear". Washington Post (November 17, 2016)