Genesys headquarters in Daly City, California
|Genesys Telecommunications Laboratories|
|Tony Bates (CEO) |
|Revenue||$2 billion (2016)|
|Total assets||31,015,000 US dollar (2020)|
Number of employees
Genesys, or Genesys Telecommunications Laboratories, Inc., is a company that sells customer experience and call center technology to mid-sized and large businesses. It sells both cloud-based and on-premises software. Genesys is headquartered in Daly City, California, and has offices in Canada, Latin America, Europe, the Middle East, Africa, Asia, and Australia. The company was founded in 1990 and was most recently acquired by Permira Funds and Technology Crossover Ventures in February 2012.
Founding and ownership
Genesys was founded by Gregory Shenkkman and Alec Miloslavsky in October 1990. The company's original seed funding was $150,000 in loans from the founders' families. The company completed its initial public offering (IPO) in June 1997 and was listed on the NASDAQ stock exchange under the ticker symbol GCTI. Paul Segre succeeded Wes Hayden as Genesys's chief executive officer (CEO) in October 2007. Tony Bates joined Genesys as the new CEO in May 2019.
2014 Solariat (March 2014) for social media analytics.
2014 OVM Solutions (May 2014) for cloud-based proactive communications and customer interactions.
2016 EIT regional partner in Korea - acquiring the Genesys division in November 2016.
2017 The company also acquired Silver Lining in February 2017 for Employee Performance Management, providing applications to support and analyze employee performance and learning automation.
2018 AltoCloud (February 2018), a customer journey analytics provider. 
2020 nGUVU (March 2020), a partner purchased to add gamification to its workforce engagement management suite. 
- "Leadership". Genesys.com.
- "Genesys to Acquire Interactive Intelligence to Create the World's Premier Omnichannel Customer Experience Company". Business Wire. 31 August 2016.
- Genesys LinkedIn
- Patrick Hoge (11 March 2014). "To go, or not to go: Tech's IPO shuffle". San Francisco Business Times. Retrieved 6 May 2014.
- Scott McCormack (6 July 1998). "The Russia house". Forbes. Retrieved 6 May 2014.
- Patrick Hoge (15 June 2012). "Paul Segre, president and CEO of Genesys". San Francisco Business Times. Retrieved 6 May 2014.
- "Genesys Telecommunications Laboratories, Inc". Securities and Exchange Commission. 1997. Retrieved 7 May 2014.
- Leonard Klie (3 October 2007). "Genesys CEO Leaves for Nuance Post". Destination CRM. Retrieved 7 May 2014.
- "Alcatel plans to buy Genesys for $1.5 Billion". The New York Times. 29 September 1999. Retrieved 7 May 2014.
- "Alcatel-Lucent sells Genesys for $1.5bn". Financial Times. 19 October 2011. Retrieved 7 May 2014.
- "Finance: Call Center House Forte is now Adante after Acquisition". Network Briefing. 24 March 1998.
- "Form 10-K". Securities and Exchange Commission. Retrieved 7 May 2014.
- "Genesys' Acquisition of IBM's CallPath Will Allow Both to Focus". May 16, 2001.
- Ann Bednarz (5 August 2002). "Genesys delivers self-service voice app Alcatel subsidiary joins call center rivals in adding VoiceXML support". Network World.
- "Genesys Completes Acquisition Of VoiceGenie And Begins Partner Integration". June 13, 2006.
- "All-In-One Cloud Contact Center Solution". Genesys. Retrieved 2019-12-20.