Mary Ann Liebert, Inc.
||The topic of this article may not meet Wikipedia's notability guidelines for companies and organizations. (January 2016) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|This article needs additional citations for verification. (May 2013) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|Founder||Mary Ann Liebert|
|Country of origin||United States|
|Headquarters location||New Rochelle, New York|
|Publication types||Academic journals, books, and trade magazines|
|Number of employees||50 (1995)|
Mary Ann Liebert, Inc. is a family-owned publishing company founded by its president, Mary Ann Liebert, in 1980. The company publishes peer-reviewed academic journals, books, and trade magazines in the areas of biotechnology, biomedical research/life sciences, clinical medicine, alternative/integrative medicine, surgery, and law. Its headquarters are in New Rochelle, New York, United States.
Some of the journals published by this company are:
- AIDS Research and Human Retroviruses
- BioResearch Open Access
- Diabetes Technology & Therapeutics
- Disruptive Science and Technology
- DNA and Cell Biology
- Election Law Journal
- Journal of Women's Health
- Journal of Adolescent and Young Adult Oncology
- Journal of Alternative and Complementary Medicine
- Rejuvenation Research
The company also publishes the biotechnology trade magazine Genetic Engineering & Biotechnology News (GEN); the magazine's first issue was Jan/Feb 1981. A 2001 report noted that the non-scientific WAG magazine was published by Mary Ann Liebert, though information from the publication's website indicates the current publisher as Westfair Communications.
- Gilson, Tom; Strauch, Katina (16 July 2012). "v24 #3 ATG Interviews Mary Ann Liebert". Against the Grain. LeftRightNow. Retrieved 2016-07-09.
- McElroy, Emily; Kubilius, Ramune (2003). "An Interview with Mary Ann Liebert and Tom Mulak" (PDF). Serials Review (Reprint). 29 (2). doi:10.1016/S0098-7913(03)00033-9. Archived from the original (PDF) on 17 March 2006.
- "Mary Ann Liebert, Inc.: Private Company Information - Businessweek". www.bloomberg.com. Retrieved 2016-07-11.
- Reed, Don C. (2015). "When Things Go Right". Stem Cell Battles. World Scientific. p. 385. ISBN 9789814618281.
- "Media Notepad: Update". Medical Marketing & Media. 1 June 2006. Retrieved 2016-07-10. (subscription required (. ))
- "People". Circulation Management. 1 June 2001. Retrieved 2016-07-10. (subscription required (. ))
- Kammermeyer, John (1989). Genetic Engineering Fundamentals. CRC Press. p. 205. ISBN 9780824780692.
- Elvin, John (6 August 2001). "Mark My Words ... I Mean What I Say.". Insight on the News. Retrieved 2016-07-10. (subscription required (. ))
- "WAG Magazine Online". Westfair Communications. Footer. Retrieved 2016-07-10.