Geneva Airport railway station
An InterCity train departing from the station
|Elevation||411 m (1,348 ft)|
|Owned by||Swiss Federal Railways|
|Distance||66.2 km (41.1 mi) from Lausanne|
|Train operators||Swiss Federal Railways|
Geneva Airport railway station (French: Gare de Genève-Aéroport) is a train station located underground next to the terminal building of Geneva International Airport (French: Aéroport international de Genève) (IATA code: GVA), in Grand-Saconnex, Geneva, Switzerland. It is located at the end of the standard gauge Lausanne–Geneva line of Swiss Federal Railways.
The station is 250 metres away from the airport terminal via a covered walkway, and very near to the Palexpo fairground.
The station is a terminus station served by an average of five trains an hour. They all call at the Geneva main station (Genève-Cornavin) (6 minutes away) and continue to Lucerne, Zürich, St. Gallen, or the Valais Alps (Brig):
- InterCity: half-hourly service to Zürich Hauptbahnhof and hourly service to St. Gallen.
- InterRegio: half-hourly service to Brig and hourly service to Lucerne.
- Eisenbahnatlas Schweiz. Cologne: Schweers + Wall. 2012. p. 68. ISBN 978-3-89494-130-7.
- "Plan tpg multimodal" (PDF) (in French). Geneva Public Transport. 15 December 2019. Retrieved 4 July 2020.
- "Genève-Aéroport - Genève - Nyon - Morges - Lausanne (RER Vaud, lignes S3, S4)" (PDF) (in French). Bundesamt für Verkehr. 13 November 2019. Retrieved 4 July 2020.
- Media related to Genève-Aéroport railway station at Wikimedia Commons
- Geneva Airport railway station – SBB
- Interactive station plan (Genève Aéroport)
|This article about a railway station in Switzerland is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|