Geneva High School (Alabama)
|Geneva High School|
|505 Panther Drive
Geneva, Alabama 36340
|School district||Geneva City Schools|
|Faculty||29.0 (on FTE basis)|
|Student to teacher ratio||13.4|
|School color(s)||Black and Gold |
|Athletics conference||Alabama High School Athletic Association|
|Sports||Volleyball, Baseball, Softball, Basketball, Football|
|Mascot||PePe the Panther|
Geneva Middle School is located inside the Geneva High School campus.
|This section needs expansion. You can help by adding to it. (June 2008)|
In 2011, Megan Saunders was named the first female state FFA officer for the state of Alabama from Geneva. The last state officer was Larry Justice in 1961. Women were not admitted until 1969.
Geneva High School is a member of the Alabama High School Athletic Association competing in Division 3A as of 2007. The school's athletic teams are named the Panthers and the school colors are black and gold.
The girls softball team won the Division 4A state slow pitch championship in 1999 and 2000 and Division 4A-5A-6A championship in 2001.
Geneva won the Division 3A-4A state championships in boys track and field in 1987 and 1988 and won the Division 4A state championship in 1989.
The members of the 2007-2008 girls basketball team were the State Runners-Up under Head Coach Rich Bixby.
- Albert A. Carmichael, Lieutenant Governor of Alabama (1939–1943)
- Early Wynn, Former MLB player (Washington Senators, Cleveland Indians, Chicago White Sox)
- "Superintendent". Geneva City Schools @ schoolinsites.com. Retrieved 2008-01-04.
- "Principal's Corner". Geneva High School. Retrieved 2008-01-04.
- "Geneva High School". National Center for Education Statistics. Retrieved 2007-01-04..
- "Directory 2006-07" (PDF). Alabama High School Athletic Association. p. 37. Archived from the original (PDF) on 2007-09-27. Retrieved 2008-01-01.
- "2000 Presidential Scholars" (Press release). U.S. Department of Education. May 2000. Archived from the original on 2008-04-18. Retrieved 2008-01-04.
- "Softball Past State Champions". Alabama High School Association. Archived from the original on 2007-10-03. Retrieved 2008-01-04.
- "Past State Champions (Boys)". Alabama High School Association. Archived from the original on 2007-09-28. Retrieved 2008-01-04.
- "Golf Past State Champions (Boys)". Alabama High School Association. Archived from the original on 2007-10-03. Retrieved 2008-01-04.
- "Track & Field Past State Champions (Boys)". Alabama High School Association. Archived from the original on 2007-09-28. Retrieved 2008-01-04.
- "Alabama's Attorneys General: Albert Carmichael". Alabama Department of Archives & History. Retrieved 2008-01-04.