Geneva Township, Ashtabula County, Ohio
|Geneva Township, Ashtabula County, Ohio|
Location of Geneva Township in Ashtabula County
|• Total||25.93 sq mi (67.15 km2)|
|• Land||25.90 sq mi (67.08 km2)|
|• Water||0.02 sq mi (0.06 km2)|
|Elevation||643 ft (196 m)|
|• Density||428/sq mi (165.4/km2)|
|Time zone||UTC-5 (Eastern (EST))|
|• Summer (DST)||UTC-4 (EDT)|
|GNIS feature ID||1085726|
Located in the northwestern corner of the county along Lake Erie, it borders the following townships:
- Saybrook Township - east
- Austinburg Township - southeast corner
- Harpersfield Township - south
- Madison Township, Lake County - west
Name and history
Geneva Township was organized in 1816.
The township is governed by a three-member board of trustees, who are elected in November of odd-numbered years to a four-year term beginning on the following January 1. Two are elected in the year after the presidential election and one is elected in the year before it. There is also an elected township fiscal officer, who serves a four-year term beginning on April 1 of the year after the election, which is held in November of the year before the presidential election. Vacancies in the fiscal officership or on the board of trustees are filled by the remaining trustees. Currently, the board is composed of chairman Tim Mills and members Dennis Brown and Bob Russell.
- "US Board on Geographic Names". United States Geological Survey. 2007-10-25. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. Archived from the original on 2013-09-11. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "Geographic Identifiers: 2010 Demographic Profile Data (G001): Geneva township, Ashtabula County, Ohio". U.S. Census Bureau, American Factfinder. Retrieved July 9, 2013.
- Gannett, Henry (1905). The Origin of Certain Place Names in the United States. Govt. Print. Off. p. 136.
- Ashtabula County, Ohio Ashtabula County, 2007. Accessed 2007-05-28.
- "Detailed map of Ohio" (PDF). United States Census Bureau. 2000. Retrieved 2007-02-16.
- Kilbourn, John (1833). "The Ohio Gazetteer, or, a Topographical Dictionary". Scott and Wright. p. 215. Retrieved 12 December 2013.
- §503.24, §505.01, and §507.01 of the Ohio Revised Code. Accessed 4/30/2009.