She studied philosophy at the University of Sydney in the early 1960s and then at Somerville College, Oxford. Her D.Phil, awarded in 1973, was on "Time and Tense". From 1967 until 1987 she lectured at the Australian National University, during which period she developed her most influential ideas and wrote The Man of Reason, which was published in 1984. In 1987 she was appointed to the chair of philosophy at the University of New South Wales, being the first female professor of philosophy appointed in Australia. On retirement, she was appointed Professor Emeritus.
- Lloyd, Genevieve (1986) . The man of reason: "male" and "female" in Western philosophy. Methuen & Co Ltd. ISBN 0-416-34920-X.
- Lloyd, Genevieve (1993). The man of reason: "male" and "female" in Western philosophy (second ed.). Routledge. ISBN 0-415-09681-2.
- Lloyd, Genevieve (1993). Being in time: selves and narrators in philosophy and literature. Routledge. ISBN 9780415071963.
- Lloyd, Genevieve (1994). Part of nature: self-knowledge in Spinoza's Ethics. Cornell University Press. ISBN 9780801429996.
- Lloyd, Genevieve (1996). Routledge philosophy guidebook to Spinoza and the ethics. Routledge. ISBN 9780415107822.
- Lloyd, Genevieve; Gatens, Moira (1999). Collective imaginings: Spinoza, past and present. Routledge. ISBN 9780415165716.
- Lloyd, Genevieve (2001). Spinoza: critical assessments. Routledge. ISBN 9780415186223.
- Lloyd, Genevieve (2002). Feminism and history of philosophy. OUP. ISBN 9780415186223.
- Lloyd, Genevieve (2008). Providence lost. Harvard University Press. ISBN 9780674031531.
- Lloyd, Genevieve (2013). Enlightenment Shadows. Oxford University Press. ISBN 9780199669561.
Chapters in books
- Lloyd, Genevieve (2005), "The man of reason", in Cudd, Ann E.; Andreasen, Robin O., Feminist theory: a philosophical anthology, Oxford, UK Malden, Massachusetts: Blackwell Publishing, pp. 177–187, ISBN 9781405116619.
- Lloyd, Genevieve (1941–) Encyclopedia of Philosophy Macmillan Reference USA, cited at BookRags
- Help Sheet on Genevieve Lloyd
- Women of Philosophy, Stirring Up The Pot Report of talk
- Waking Sleeping Beauty Honours thesis discussing Lloyd on Descartes[dead link]
|This biography of an Australian philosopher is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|