Gennady Zyuganov 2012 presidential campaign
|Campaigned for||2012 Russian presidential election|
First Secretary of the Central Committee of the Communist Party of the Russian Federation
Leader of the Communist Party of the Russian Federation in the State Duma (1993-present)
Member of the State Duma (1993-present)
|Affiliation||Communist Party of the Russian Federation|
Chairman of the Central Committee of the Communist Party of the Russian Federation
The Gennady Zyuganov presidential campaign, 2012 was the presidential campaign of Gennady Zyuganov in the 2012 Russian presidential election. This was the fourth presidential campaign of Zyuganov, who had been a candidate in both the 1996, 2000, and 2008 elections.
This section needs expansion. You can help by adding to it. (November 2018)
In August 2011, heeding the calls from young activists at a forum of the Communist Party and the Home Guard movement, Zyuganov agreed to run again for president in 2012. He declared, “The country simply will not endure another cycle led by the current ruling elite.”
In September 2011, Zyuganov again became the CPRF's candidate for the 2012 presidential election. According to Zyuganov, "a gang of folks who cannot do anything in life apart from dollars, profits and mumbling, has humiliated the country" and called for a new international alliance to "counter the aggressive policies of imperialist circles."
Zyuganov declared that the election would be a referendum on "a 20 year experiment" of the liberalization of the Russian political sphere. Zyuganov referred to the existing government as a, "gang of folks who...have humiliated the country."
In the 2012 Russian presidential election on 4 March 2012, Zyuganov once again came in second place by receiving 17% of the vote.
This section needs expansion. You can help by adding to it. (June 2019)
- Gennady Zyuganov presidential campaign, 1996
- Gennady Zyuganov presidential campaign, 2000
- Gennady Zyuganov presidential campaign, 2008
- "Russia's Communist Party leader calls his presidential prospects strong". RT. 11 August 2011. Retrieved 24 June 2019.
- "Communists pledge to stop 'dollar-lovers' experiment on Russia'". RT. 24 September 2011. Retrieved 24 September 2011.
- "Zyuganov and Mironov: Back to the future". Al Jazeera. 26 February 2012. Retrieved 24 June 2019.
- the results of the presidential elections in Russia 2012