Geno Biosphere Reserve
The Geno Biosphere Reserve, with a total area of 27,500 hectares, situated in the Hormozgan province of Iran. It has been designated as a protected area by the Iranian Department of Environment in 1976.
Geno has mountains as high as 3,000 meters above sea level, and in light of this, has a unique climatic and biosphere conditions within the Persian gulf region.
- Flora: pomegranate, date palm, black maidenhair fern, caraway, common yarrow, pennyroyal, milkweed, primrose
- "UNESCO Biosphere Reserve Directory".
- "UNESCO Biosphere Reserve Directory". Retrieved 20 August 2012.
- fa:منطقه حفاظت شده گنو, Retrieved 20 August 2012[better source needed]
- "IranDeserts Web Portal" (in Persian). Archived from the original on 4 March 2016. Retrieved 20 August 2012.
- "IranDeserts Web Portal" (in Persian). Archived from the original on 30 June 2012. Retrieved 20 August 2012.
- Map on Wikimapia
- Medicinal plants of the Geno protected area
- Hormozgan Dept. of Environment info page