Viz Media (English)
2007 (Hayakawa SF Series/JCollection)|
Published in English
|Media type||Print (paperback)|
282 (Hayakawa SF Series/JCollection)|
Genocidal Organ (虐殺器官 Gyakusatsu Kikan) is the debut novel of Japanese science fiction writer Project Itoh. It was first published by Hayakawa Publishing in 2007 and later re-printed in 2010 in paperback form. A poll by the yearly SF magazine SF ga yomitai ranked Genocidal Organ as the number one domestic SF novel of the decade.
The English translation of Genocidal Organ, translated by Edwin Hawkes, was published in August 2012 by Haikasoru / Viz Media.
There is a German death industrial band named Genocide Organ which released an album in Japan titled Genocide Organ in 2003. Itoh wrote in his blog that it is an unintended coincidence. The band is notorious for its use of war themes and terrorism imagery.
When Sarajevo was destroyed by a homemade nuclear weapon, the leading democracies of the world transformed into surveillance states, while developing countries endured a multitude of genocides. Intelligence agent Clavis Shepherd must track down the man who seems to be responsible, American John Paul.
Animated film version
|Directed by||Shūkō Murase|
|Produced by||Kōji Yamamoto|
|Written by||Shūkō Murase|
|Music by||Yoshihiro Ike|
October 31, 2016 (TIFF) |
February 3, 2017 (Japan)
An animated film version, directed and written by Shūkō Murase, and produced at Manglobe, was scheduled to be released on November 13, 2015. However, due to Manglobe's bankruptcy, the film's release was postponed. It was later announced on November 13, 2015 that production on the film had resumed with the same staff under the newly created Geno Studio, with hopes to complete the film by the end of 2016. The film was released on February 3, 2017. Prior to the film's theatrical screening in Japan, the first fifteen minutes were shown on October 31, 2016 at the 2016 Tokyo International Film Festival. Funimation screened the film in select U.S. theatres on July 12 and 13, 2017.
|Character||Japanese voice actor||English voice actor|
|Clavis Shepherd||Yuichi Nakamura||Josh Grelle|
|Williams||Satoshi Mikami||Ian Sinclair|
|Leland||Kaito Ishikawa||Joel McDonald|
|Alex||Yūki Kaji||Clifford Chapin|
|Lucia Škroupova||Sanae Kobayashi||Jeannie Tirado|
|Rockwell||Akio Ōtsuka||Christopher Sabat|
|John Paul||Takahiro Sakurai||Ricco Fajardo|
- SFが読みたい！〈2010年度版〉. Hayakawa Shobo. 2010. ISBN 978-4-15-209107-9.
- Keikaku Itō (July 3, 2007). "虐殺バンド". 伊藤計劃：第弐位相.
- "GamePlaza-HARUKA- ŔźÍĽ¤ľ¤ó˝ĐąéĽęĽšĽČ ĽżĽ¤ĽČĽëĘĚÉ˝ź¨ ľÔťŚ´ď´ą". Gph.sakura.ne.jp. Retrieved 2017-07-21.
- "Manglobe's Genocidal Organ Film Delayed". Anime News Network. Retrieved 2015-10-01.
- "New Anime Studio 'Geno Studio' to Complete Genocidal Organ Anime Film - News". Anime News Network. 2015-11-13. Retrieved 2017-07-21.
- "Genocidal Organ Film's Promo Video Reveals Winter Release". Anime News Network. 2016-06-09. Retrieved 2016-06-09.
- "Genocidal Organ Anime Film's New Teaser Video Streamed". Anime News Network. 2016-10-13. Retrieved 2016-10-13.
- "Tokyo Int'l Film Festival Screens Genocidal Organ Preview, Gantz:O, In the Corner of this World Films". Anime News Network. September 26, 2016. Retrieved January 13, 2017.
- June 9, 2017 (2017-06-09). "Project Itoh's Genocidal Organ Coming to US Theaters July 12 & 13 - Funimation - Blog!". Funimation. Retrieved 2017-07-21.
- "Funimation to Release Genocidal Organ Film on Home Video with English Dub". Anime News Network. August 12, 2017.