This article may rely excessively on sources too closely associated with the subject, potentially preventing the article from being verifiable and neutral. (June 2017) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Edited by||Barbara Cheifet|
|License||CC BY 4.0|
Genome Biology is a fully open access scientific journal that publishes original, peer-reviewed research in genomics. It is published by BioMed Central (BMC), and is currently the BMC journal with the highest impact factor. The journal has an international editorial board of researchers.
Authors and peer reviewers are asked to disclose competing interests.
The journal is supported in part by advertising.
The journal aims to disseminate, discuss, and provide critical review of research in all areas of biology and biomedicine studied from a genomic and post-genomic perspective. Areas covered include, but are not limited to: sequence analysis; bioinformatics; insights into molecular, cellular and organismal biology; functional genomics; epigenomics; population genomics; proteomics; comparative biology and evolution; systems biology and network biology; genomics of disease; and medical genomics. 
Categories of articles in the journal include:
- Research: These are Peer reviewed research papers
- Method: These are Peer reviewed papers describing new methods
- Software: These are Peer reviewed papers describing new software tools
- Commentary/Editorial: These are comments on scientific, political, and ethical issues relating to genomic research
- Meeting report: These are summaries of information presented at conferences
- Reviews and Opinion articles: These are also Peer reviewed
Genome Biology is published online only. There is no physical printed version.
Accessibility to each article is free (by open access)
Sources of revenue
The journal charges a fee (article processing charge (APC); charged to the submitting author/s or institution) for each Research, Method or Software article that is accepted for publication. The latter fee covers the cost of processing and publishing articles