Contract Research Organization
Genome Valley is an Indian high-technology business district spread across 600 km² in Hyderabad, India. Centered across the suburbs Shamirpet, Medchal, Uppal, Patancheru, Jeedimetla, Gachibowli and Keesara, the Valley has developed as a cluster for Biomedical research, training and manufacturing.
Genome valley was commissioned in 1999 as S. P. Biotech Park in a public-private partnership with Bharat Biotech International, and its founder Krishna Ella, alongside private infrastructure companies such as Shapoorji Pallonji Group and ICICI Bank. In 2009, U.S. based infrastructure giant Alexandria Real Estate Equities has announced its plans to invest in the bio-cluster, which led to the Alexandria Knowledge Park SEZ. The biocluster at Shamirpet holds Certification mark by the United States Patent and Trademark Office and the European Union. In 2016, MN has acquired specialized R&D assets in Genome Valley from US based Alexandria REIT and rechristened it as MN Park
The IKP Knowledge Park spread over 200 acres in Turakapally, is an initiative of ICICI Bank with five "innovation corridors" - a first of its kind knowledge-nurturing centre for Indian companies and a knowledge gateway for multinational companies". The first phase of Innovation Corridor I, comprising 10 laboratories, around 3,000 ft² (300 m²) each, is operational and fully occupied. The second phase of Innovation Corridor I, comprising 16 laboratory modules of 1,700 ft² (170 m²) each, is ready for operation.
MN Park is a collaborative life sciences ecosystem in Genome Valley, Hyderabad consisting of Grade A R&D facilities. It is spread over 400 acres including build-up facilities of around 600,000 sq.ft. provided to global tenants like Novartis, GlaxoSmithKline, Mylan and Ashland Inc. MN’s focus area: Preleased industrial assets and specialized office spaces to sectors including specialized warehousing, logistics, food processing, light manufacturing, pharmaceutical R&D, biotechnology etc.
- Dupont Knowledge Center
- Shantha Biotechnics, a Sanofi company
- Dr. Reddy's Laboratories
- Bharat Biotech International
- Aurobindo Pharma
- United States Pharmacopeia
- Lonza Group
- Divis Laboratories
- Ganules India Limited
- Biological E. Limited
- Johnson & Johnson India Limited
- Novartis India Limited
- Bayer Biosciences
- Neuland Laboratories
- BioServe Global
- Indian Drugs and Pharmaceuticals Limited
- Nuziveedu Seeds Private Limited
- Advanta India
- Merck KGaA
- Makhteshim Agan
- Roche Diagnostics
- Albany Molecular Research
- Biogenex International
- Nektar Therapeutics
- Virchow Biotech
- EPRCCRB -A Vitane group of companies
Global Centers of Excellence in R & D
- International Crops Research Institute for the Semi-Arid Tropics
- Centre for Cellular and Molecular Biology
- Indian Institute of Chemical Technology
- Centre for DNA Fingerprinting and Diagnostics
- National Institute of Nutrition, Hyderabad
- Indian Immunologicals Limited
- National Institute of Pharmaceutical Education and Research, Hyderabad
- Centre for Computational Natural Sciences and Bioinformatics, IIIT Hyderabad
- TCS Bioinformatics Innovation Lab, Hyderabad
- Sir Ronald Ross Institute of Parasitology
- Dr. Reddy's Institute of Life Sciences
- Indo American Cancer Hospital and Research Institute
- Indian Institute of Biotechnology
- Directorate of Rice and Oil Seeds Research
- Central Research Institute for Dry Land Agriculture
- Central Forensic Science Laboratory, Hyderabad
- Central Institute of Medicinal and Aromatic Plants
- Center For Sustainable Agriculture, Hyderabad
- Central Food Technology Research Institute - Resource Center
- L. V. Prasad Eye Institute
- Apollo Cell and Molecular Biology Research Center
- National Institute of Animal Biotechnology
- National Academy of Agricultural Research Management
- National Animal Resource Facility for Biomedical Research
- American Oncology Institute
- Asian Institute of Gastroenterology
- Owaisi Center for Liver Research and diagnostics
Contract Research Organizations and Healthcare
- GVK Biosciences
- Vimta Labs
- Ocimum Bio Solutions
- Inventiv Health Inc
- PRA Health Sciences
- Sipra Labs
- Alveus Pharmaceuticals
- Sandor Proteomics
- Laurus Labs
- Clin Asia
- Makro care
- Clintec International
- Truven Health Analytics
- Global Data
- Celgene Valuelabs India
- Andronovo Labs
- Piramal Clinical
- Aizant therapeutics
- Incozen Therapeutics
- Sai advantum
- Laxai Avanti
- Mithros chemicals
- DNA Labs India
- Biomax Lifesciences
- Center For Stem Cell Science, Hyderabad
- Tran-Scell Biologics
- RAS Life Sciences
- Natco Pharma
- Hetero Drugs
- Celon Labs
- Revelations Bio
- Genetech India
- Sudershan Bio
- Vivimed Labs
- Randstad India
- Sami Labs Limited
- HITEC City
- Department of Biotechnology
- Pharmaceutical industry in India
- Drugs Controller General of India
- Special Correspondent (2011-11-22). "Today's Paper / NATIONAL : BioAsia-2012 to focus on vaccines, IPR, CROs and investments". The Hindu. Retrieved 2012-08-21.
- "BioSpectrumIndia - the business of biotech - Moving Towards Consolidation". Biospectrumindia.ciol.com. Archived from the original on 2008-11-05. Retrieved 2012-08-21.
- Our Bureau (2012-02-12). "Business Line : Industry & Economy / Economy : AP Govt making policies more industry-friendly, says CM". Thehindubusinessline.com. Retrieved 2012-08-21.
- Our Bureau. "Business Line : Industry & Economy News : Tag from US lab may help drug-makers find markets". Thehindubusinessline.com. Retrieved 2012-08-21.
- rediff. "Genome valley history". Retrieved 2012-08-21.
- The Hindu. "Alexandria to invest 1000 cr in genome valley". Retrieved 2012-08-21.
- Hyderabad's Genome Valley gets US certification, Indo Asian News Service Friday, July 06, 2007 | publisher=india-forums.com
- "iciciknowledgepark.com". iciciknowledgepark.com.
- US Pharmacopeia to set up lab in Hyderabad
- "'Lonza is investing Rs.405 cr in India'". biospectrumindia.com.
- Udgirkar, Trushna. "Biocon to spend Rs 200 cr on R&D, manufacturing". mydigitalfc.com. Archived from the original on 2012-03-22. Retrieved 2012-08-21.
- IANS (18 September 2014). "P&G, Cogent open Telangana plants, Johnson & Johnson begins work". business-standard.com.
- "Novartis India Limited, Amit Kumar, Dr Anuradha Sinha". Businesswireindia.com. 2009-08-13. Retrieved 2012-08-21.
- Our Bureau. "Bayer launches multi-crop breeding station in Hyderabad". The Hindu Business Line.
- Our Bureau. "Business Line : Industry & Economy / Agri-biz : Monsanto opens Rs 28 cr seed conditioning facility at Shamirpet". Thehindubusinessline.com. Retrieved 2012-08-21.
- "Merck completes talks with IKP on R&D unit". The Hindu. Chennai, India. February 18, 2007.
- "Covidien's New R&D Centre in Hyderabad - Express Healthcare". Expresshealthcare.in. Retrieved 2012-08-21.
- BS Reporter (8 July 2010). "Celgene opens support centre in Hyd". business-standard.com.
- Our Bureau. "Rs 380-cr stem cell bank to come up in Hyerabad". The Hindu Business Line.