Genous is an endothelial progenitor cell (EPC) capture technology manufactured by OrbusNeich that promotes the accelerated natural healing of the vessel wall after stent implantation. The pro-healing technology has an antibody surface coating that captures circulating CD34+ endothelial progenitor cells to the device, forming a functional endothelial layer over the stent to protect against thrombus and minimize restenosis.
The Combo Dual Therapy Stent is a coronary stent that combines Genous with an antiproliferative, biodegradable sirolimus drug elution. The Combo Stent was shown to be as effective as a paclitaxel-eluting stent in controlling Neointimal Hyperplasia.
- Bylander, Jessica (27 October 2008). "New Stents On The Block: Innovators Look Beyond Drug Coatings." The Gray Sheet.
- "Novel stent promotes healing of vessel wall after implantation" Cardiology Today
- Klomp M, Beijk MA, de Winter RJ (July 2009). "Genous™ endothelial progenitor cell-capturing stent system: a novel stent technology". Expert Review of Medical Devices. 6 (4): 365–375. doi:10.1586/erd.09.16. Retrieved 28 August 2012.
- "Genous stent is a safe and effective option in STEMI patients" Cardiovascular News International
- London, Susan (14 November 2011). "Bioengineered, Sirolimus-Eluting Stent Found ‘Safe,’ and ‘Effective.’" Cardiology News.
- "Dual-Therapy Stenting: The Next Step in the Evolution of Stent Design" Cardiology Today: Intervention
- "TCT: Combo Stent Comparable to Taxus" MedPage Today