|Member of the Albanian parliament|
|Deputy Minister of Interior Affairs|
|Preceded by||Ferdinand Poni|
|Succeeded by||Avenir Peka|
|Born||Gent Hysen Strazimiri
6 October 1972
|Political party||Democratic Party|
|Alma mater||University of Tirana|
|Committees||Legal Affairs, Public Administration and Human Rights, Education and Public Information|
Gent Hysen Strazimiri (Albanian: [ˈɡɛnt straziˈmiɾi], born 6 October 1972) is a member of the Assembly of the Republic of Albania for the Democratic Party of Albania (DP). He was Deputy Minister of Interior Affairs from 2007 to 2009. Strazimiri is also member of the committee on Legal Affairs, Public Administration and Human Rights and Committee on Education and Public Information.
Stazimiri is since 2009 the deputy leader of the DP in the Albanian parliament.
Strazimiri was born in Tirana, where he followed the Qemal Stafa High School. Strazimiri became a member of the DP in 1990, this was during the fall of communism in Albania. On 1992 Strazimiri finished the faculty of Law, and graduated on the University of Tirana. He entered the race with several years of political experience in the management structures of the DP and the fight against crime and trafficking in his post as Deputy Minister of Interior Affairs, which he held from 2007 until 2009. He has been from 2007 until 2009 member of the City Council of Tirana.
Strazimiri became a member of the DP in 1990, this was during the fall of communism in Albania. During 1996 and 1998 he became vice head of Forumi Rinor i Partise Demokratike (FRPD) in Tirana, and became a member of the national democratic council and of FRPD. From 1998 until 2000 he was the chairman of FRPD. In 2001 he was the spokesperson of the opposition coalition Union for Victory Coalition, which included DP, Liberal Democratic Union, Movement of Legality Party, National Front and the Republican Party of Albania. During 2002 and 2005 he was the advisor to the president of the DP. From 2005 till 2009 he was the secretary of DP, and in 2009 he was chosen as member of parliament from the voting district Tirana.
Deputy Minister of Interior Affairs
Strazimiri was Deputy Minister of Interior from 2007 to 2009 for the DP, while Bujar Nishani was Minister of Interior. Strazimiri is known for his zero tolerance against organized crime in Albania and he was one of the main forces behind a bilateral agreement to combat organized crime. This agreement was signed by Czech Interior Minister and Gent Strazimiri, leads to a higher level of cooperation between the two countries to combat narcotics trafficking, arms trafficking and human trafficking.
Strazimiri has the following political history:
- 1990–present: Member of the DP
- 1996–1998: Vice Chairman of FRPD Tirana
- 1996–1998: Member of National Council and the Board of FRPD
- 1998–2000: Member of National Council and the Board of ADP
- 1998–2000: Chairman of the FRPD
- 2001: Spokesperson of the Coalition "Union for Victory"
- 2002–2005: Advisor to the President of the DPA
- 2005–2009: Member of the National Council of the DP
- 2005–2009: Secretary of the DP
- 2007–2009: Member of the City Council of Tirana
- 2007–2009: Deputy Minister of Interior Affairs
- 2009–present: Member of the Albanian Parliament
- 2009-2013: Deputy-Leader of DP group in Parliament
- 2013–present: Secretary of the DP
- "Parliamentary group". pd.al.
- "List of elected members". Albanian parliament. Archived from the original on May 14, 2011.
- "Zëvëndësministri i Brendshëm z. Gent Strazimiri merr pjesë në Konferencën Ndërministrore për Emergjencat Civile e cila zhvillohet në Budapest 30.10.2007". Ministry of Interior Affairs.
- "STRAZIMIRI , Gent Hysen". Albanian parliament. Archived from the original on 2011-03-18.
- "KOMISIONI PËR ÇËSHTJET LIGJORE, ADMINISTRATËN PUBLIKE DHE TË DREJTAT E NJERIUT". Albanian parliament. Archived from the original on 2011-04-17.
- "KOMISIONI PËR EDUKIMIN DHE MJETET E INFORMIMIT PUBLIK". Albanian parliament.
- "Gent Strazimiri - Edi Rames: 'Puçisti' qe hartoi, përgatiti dhe udhëhoqi skenarin e marrjes me dhunë të pushtetit nuk mund t’ju besojë komisionerëve socialistë.". Revista Shtypi.
- "10 zv.ministrat në "hije" të kabinetit "Berisha"". Gazeta Shqip. Archived from the original on 2011-10-03.
- "STRAZIMIRI , Gent Hysen". PD.al. Archived from the original on 2010-02-22.
- "Tryezë Kombëtare e Rrumbullakët e Aktorëve kryesorë, për vazhdimin e reformës së Pushtetit Vendor në Shqipëri. 06.09.2006". Ministry of Interior.
- "Strazimiri në Çeki, firmoset marrëveshja kundër krimit të organizuar". News of Albania.
- "Zgjedhjet e 28 Qershorit, PS bën publik një pjesë të Raportit të saj". News of Albania.
- "Official Document". Ministry of Interior Affairs (Albania).