|Full name||Gentian Muça|
|Date of birth||13 May 1987|
|Place of birth||Tiranë, Albania|
|Height||1.86 m (6 ft 1 in)|
|2008–2009||→ Bylis Ballsh (loan)||28||(2)|
|2009–2010||→ Dinamo Tirana (loan)||19||(3)|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 18 September 2016.
‡ National team caps and goals correct as of 21 August 2015
Gentian Muça (born 13 May 1987 in Tirana) is an Albanian professional footballer who plays for Albanian club Tirana in the Albanian First Division. A product of the KF Tirana academy, he spent much of his early career in the lower leagues of Germany before returning to Albania, and indeed Tirana in 2008.
Following his return to Tirana, Muça spent one season on loan at Bylis Ballsh and another one at Dinamo Tirana, where he won the league for the first time in his career. After his successful spell at Dinamo Tirana, Muça returned to Tirana where he played during the 2010–11 season.
Then, his contract was not extended so he decided to join Vllaznia Shkodër where he played only in the first part of 2011–12 season before spending the other part at Flamurtari Vlorë. Following this, Tirana brought him back and even since that he become a regular member in the starting lineup, making more than 100 appearances in all competitions. During the summer of 2015 and 2016, he was loaned to Kukësi for the club's European campaign.
- 1 Club career
- 2 International career
- 3 Controversies
- 4 Personal life
- 5 Career statistics
- 6 Honours
- 7 References
- 8 External links
Muça completed a transfer to Dinamo Tirana on a long-season loan. He made his UEFA Europa League debut on 9 July 2009 in the returning leg of the first qualifying round against Finnish club Lahti, playing full-90 minutes in a 2–0 home win at Qemal Stafa Stadium. However, despite winning 2–0 at home, Dinamo was eliminated from the competition after losing the first match 4–1.
Muça made his league debut on 23 August in the opening match against Kastrioti Krujë, helping his side with a goal in an eventual 3–1 win. He scored in the 68th minute with a corner kick. On 21 February of the following year, during the 3–0 away defeat to Apolonia Fier, Muça was substituted in 18th minute after suffering an injury in his right knee. The injury required surgery, which took place at the start of May in Austria, which kept him sidelined for 4 months, thus ending his season.
He finished the season 19 league matches, as Dinamo Tirana was crowned the Champions of Albania by winning the Albanian Superliga title for the 18th time in history. This was also Muça's first major trophy as a professional footballer.
Muça made his competitive debut with Vllaznia Shkodër on 10 September 2011 against Laçi at home, playing full-90 minutes in a 3–1 win. He terminated his contract with Vllaznia Shkodër on 14 January 2012 after falling out of favour with the coach Rudi Vata. He ended his short spell with the club by playing 16 matches between league and cup, failing to score in the process. Following his departure, Muça expressed his disappointing for the way Vllaznia released him, after he had decided to remain at the club until the end of the season.
Muça joined Flamurtari Vlorë on a free transfer in January 2012, signing an initial 6-month contract with the option of a further one year. He was handed squad number 19, and made his debut on 11 February in the match against Kazma. Muça scored his first goal in his six appearance for club during the 3–1 away win to Apolonia Fier, netting the third of the match. He completed the remainder of the 2011–12 season, featuring in 10 league games. Muça left the club following the end of the season.
Muça made his return debut with the club on 6 October 2012 in the matchday six of Albanian Superliga against his former club Flamurtari Vlorë, playing in the last four minutes of the 1–1 draw. He would feature in another two minutes of a 1–0 away win over Vllaznia Shkodër on 10 November, finishing the first part of the season with only six minutes on the field.
In the second part of the season, with the arrival of the new coach Nevil Dede, he found more space to play, collecting 900 minutes on the field. Muça went to play 10 consecutive matches in the starting lineup, as Tirana finished the league in the fifth position with 43 points, thus failing to secure a spot in European competitions.
In the 2013–14 season, Muça cemented his place as a starter, establishing himself as a centre-back along with Endrit Vrapi. He played his first match of the season on 1 September 2013 in a goalless draw against Laçi. He scored his first goal of the season with a penalty kick two weeks later during the 1–0 home win against Lushnja. During the first part of the season, Tirana experienced its worst period of all time, winning 3 out of 16 league matches. Muça played in the back in 10 on these matches. Tirana also changed management three times, employing Nevil Dede, Alpin Gallo and later Gugash Magani. In December, the team was ranked in the last position with only 10 points from 13 matches, 7 points away from the safe zone.
However, with Magani in charge, Tirana witnessed alteration, winning three matches in February, including the derby against cross-town rivals Partizani Tirana thanks to the winner of Gilberto. Muça continued to play as a centre-back with Magani as a coach. He scored his second goal of the season again from the penalty spot in a 3–2 away win against Kastrioti Krujë on 30 April 2014. Tirana ensured its posture in Albanian Superliga on 3 May 2014 after a 2–2 away draw against Flamurtari Vlorë in the penultimate week; Muça again played 90 minutes. He ended his second season with Tirana by playing 26 matches between league and cup, scoring twice in the process, and was named in the team of the season.
With the arrival of Ervin Bulku, Muça become the 3rd captain of the team after the captain Erando Karabeci decided to hand his captaincy to Bulku as a sign of respect of the veteran, and became the vice-captain instead. He started the news sason on 24 August by playing in the opening league match against Apolonia Fier which ended in a 3–0 convincing home win. On 18 October, during the 3–1 home win against Kukësi, Muça conceded a penalty kick in the 81st minute after a handball, but his former teammate Pero Pejić missed it by hitting the crossbar.
On 29 October, after coming on as a second-half substitute, Muça scored his first goal of the season in first match of the second part of the season against Apolonia Fier, helping the team to get a 0–3 away win at Loni Papuçiu Stadium. He was again in the scoresheet in the match against Elbasani at the newly renovated Elbasan Arena, heading home an Elis Bakaj cross in the 27th minute, reducing the score from 2–0 to 2–1, with Tirana winning the match in the 99th minute thanks to a late winner goal of Selemani Ndikumana.
On 12 April of the following year, in a home match against Vllaznia Shkodër valid for the 30th week of the league, Muça scored his first career brace, helping the team to overcome the disadvantage of the first half to win the game 2–1. After the match, he dedicated the goals to the former Tirona Fanatics member, Geri Allkaj, who died in a car accident two days before. He ended the season with 38 appearances in all competitions, including 32 in league, with Tirana who finished it in the fourth place and was eliminated in semi-finals of 2014–15 Albanian Cup against Laçi with the 1–0 aggregate.
After the European campaign with Kukësi, Muça returned to Tirana by signing a new contract. On 24 August 2015, Muça made his 100th competitive appearance for Tirana in the opening league match of 2015–16 season against the newcomers of Tërbuni Pukë, helping the team to win the match 1–2. He later scored his first goal of the season, heading home from an Elis Bakaj free kick in a 2–0 home win against Teuta Durrës, helping Tirana to return in winning ways after three matches. On 23 December, in the last match of the year, Muça netted the winner as Tirana defeated 1–0 Kukësi away, earning the first ever victory at Zeqir Ymeri Stadium.
On 24 January 2016, in the 2015–16 Albanian Cup quarter-final first leg against Flamurtari Vlorë, Muça was booked during the first half meaning that he would miss the returning leg at Selman Stërmasi Stadium. In the first league match of 2016 against Tërbuni Pukë, Muça sealed the victory by scoring the third goal of the match in an eventual 1–3 away win. On 13 February, Muça was an unused substitute in the 2–0 home victory over Bylis Ballsh, the first win at the newly renovated Selman Stërmasi Stadium. He did not play due to his constant knee issues, that begun shortly after the match against Laçi. Three days later, Muça flew out to Salzburg, Austria to further diagnose his knee injury. On 19 February, he successfully underwent surgery that would rule him out approximately two months.
Muça made his return in the league match against Laçi where he was an unused substitute in team's 1–0 home victory. One week later, Muça made his on-field return by playing full-90 minutes in a goalless away draw against Bylis Ballsh. In the fourth derby of the season against Partizani Tirana on 4 May, Muça netted his fifth goal of the season with a header in the 28th minute, levelling the figures. In the second half, he was sent off in the 56th minute after receiving a second yellow-card for a foul on Emiljano Vila. The match ended in a 2–2 draw, as Partizani lost further ground in the title race. It was Muça's first red card after six-and-a-half year and his second overall. Muça was banned for the league match against Flamurtari Vlorë, which ended in a 2–1 away defeat, leaving Tirana mathematically out of European competitions for the fourth consecutive season.
On 5 September 2016, the Disciplinary Committee of AFA confirmed that Muça was eligible to play for Tirana in the first league match of 2016–17 after his suspension finished. His played his first match of the new season two days later against Teuta Durrës which ended in a goalless draw at Niko Dovana Stadium. On 30 March of the following year, it was confirmed that Muça was not going to play any longer this season as he was going to be operated on his back following the constant pain in vertebral column.
Loans to Kukësi
On 12 June 2015, Tirana and Kukësi reached an agreement for the loan of Muça at Kukësi for the club's Europa League matches. However, on 29 June 2015, it was the president Safet Gjici confirmed that Muça with play with Kukësi for the entire 2015–16 season. Later Muça flew out to Austria to link up with the rest of the squad where he made several appearances in friendly matches, showing a good form ahead of Europa League matches.
Kukësi begun their European campaign in the first qualifying round where they met the Belarusian side Torpedo-BelAZ Zhodino. On 2 July, in the first leg at Qemal Stafa Stadium, Muça was on starting linuep and assisted the goal of Jean Carioca in 9th minute, also helping Dmitri Stajila to keep his goal intact in an eventual 2–0 success. In the returning leg, Muça produced another solid appearance as he helped the team to get a goalless draw and to progress in the next round with the aggregate 2–0.
In the next round, Kukësi was shorted with Mladost Podgorica of Montenegrin First League. In the first leg, Muça was not able to avoid the 0–1 home defeat, but in the returning leg, he had a crucial role as his team thrashed Mladost 4–2 at Podgorica City Stadium to qualifying in the next round with the aggregate 4–3.
In the first leg of the third qualifying round at Qemal Stafa Stadium, Muça was in the starting lineup against Legia Warsaw; the match was abandoned in 52th minute where the result was 1–2, after a Legia Warsaw player was hit in the head by an object thrown from the crowd. Following that incident, UEFA awarded Legia Warsaw with a 3–0 win. In the second leg, Muça played again full-90 minutes as Kukësi suffered another defeat, this time 1–0 thanks to the lone goal of Kucharczyk.
Following the end of club's European campaign, Muça decided to return at Tirana, saying that the fans were a strong reason of his return. He dubbed his spell at Kukësi as "summer love". His performances was praised by the Albania national team coach, Gianni De Biasi, who suggested the club president Safet Gjici to keep him for the entire season.
On 23 June 2016, Muça, just like in the previous season, was sent on loan at Kukësi for the club's 2016–17 UEFA Europa League campaign. Seven days later, in the first leg of first qualifying round against Rudar Pljevlja, Muça played for 82 minutes in an eventual 1–1 home draw.
He earned a surprise call-up to the full national side in November 2009 by Josip Kuže for a friendly against Estonia. However, knee ligament damage in February 2010 whilst at Dinamo Tirana meant that he was unable to play for Albania, as he underwent surgery on his knee in Austria at the start of May, keeping out of action for over four months. On 17 February 2010, Muça played his first match with senior side, a friendly against Kosovo, where he played a full 90 minutes in a 2–3 away win.
On 4 May 2016, 20 minutes after the end of the league match against Partizani Tirana, Muça, who is widely known as a "Tirona Fanatics" member, took the megaphone and begun singing with the home crowd. His choirs had contents against Partizani and communism, also comparing Partizani to Partizan Belgrade, which created many controversies in the country. One week later, Muça was accused of public incitement of hatred, and was banned for one year from all competitions by the Disciplinary Committee of AFA, effective immediately. Via an official statement, Tirana stated that the club would appeal the decision that harms the club a lot. Muça also become the first player in the history of Albanian football to be banned for public incitement of hatred.
One day later, on a press conference, Muça defended his actions saying that he was singing with the home crowd as a fan, not as a player. He cited: "Yesterday during the preparations i heard about the decision. I didn't take it well. I'm a footballer not a criminal. During my career I've received only two red cards and I'd never been subject to judgment on disciplinary committees. I practice the religion and have not been in any way intended to incite violence, hatred or using racist expression. I am a Tirana fan, and as such, twenty minutes after the match had finished, i singed with the fans. The songs are only fans expression which sung always in the stadiums. The match referee has not interrupted the match when the songs were sung during the game. I believe that the Appeals Committee will review the decision and I will return to playing football. I'm at the peak of my career and this decision is killing me. I thank the fans for the support they give me. I am one of them." It was also reported that when Muça first heard about the decision, he interrupted the training and that his teammates were shocked. However, following the appeal from Tirana, the Disciplinary Committee of AFA reduced his suspension from one year to only six matches.
Muça is a practising Muslim. He was the only football player that agreed to participate in the project "The game of friendship" between Albania and Serbia. He is known as a big fan of Albanian club Tirana, his boyhood club, and is also member of Tirona Fanatics, club's main supporters group. Muça also attend the Economic Technical School. He married his fianceé Agin on 16 October 2016. A little ceremony was held on the same day in Selman Stërmasi Stadium before the match against Skënderbeu Korçë.
|Bylis Ballsh||2008–09||Albanian Superliga||28||2||4||0||—||—||32||2|
|Dinamo Tirana||2009–10||Albanian Superliga||19||3||5||1||1[b]||0||—||25||4|
|Vllaznia Shkodër||2011–12||Albanian Superliga||13||0||3||0||—||—||16||0|
|Flamurtari Vlorë||2011–12||Albanian Superliga||10||1||6||0||—||—||16||1|
- As of 31 January 2016
|Albania national team|
- Dinamo Tirana
- Albanian Superliga Player of the Month: February 2014
- "Kosovo vs. Albania". National Football Teams. 17 February 2010. Retrieved 31 January 2016.
- KS Dinamo Tirana 2 – 0 FC Lahti Archived 21 January 2016 at the Wayback Machine. UEFA, 12 June 2015
- "Lahti 4-1 Dinamo Tirana". UEFA.com. Retrieved 22 June 2017.
- "Kastrioti Krujë vs. Dinamo Tirana 1 – 3". Soccerway. 23 August 2009. Retrieved 12 June 2015.
- "Kastrioti 1-3 Dinamo". Dinamo Tirana. Retrieved 12 June 2015.
- "Apolonia Fier vs. Dinamo Tirana 3 – 0". Soccerway. 21 February 2010. Retrieved 22 June 2017.
- Enea Shtrepi (27 April 2010). "Gentian Muca drejt Austrise per tu operuar" [Gentian Muca to Austria to be operated] (in Albanian). Albania Soccer. Retrieved 18 July 2011.
- "Dinamo kampione e Shqiperise per here te 18-te, dhe duke humbur" [Dinamo are Albanian champions for the 18th time, even losing] (in Albanian). Albania Soccer. 21 April 2010. Retrieved 22 June 2017.
- "Vllaznia Shkodër vs. Laçi 3 – 1". Soccerway. 10 September 2011. Retrieved 28 March 2016.
- "Muça lirohet nga Vllaznia, Tirana-Flamurtari e duan" (in Albanian). Sport Ekspres. 14 January 2012. Retrieved 15 January 2012.
- "Gentian Muça: U zhgënjeva nga Vllaznia" (in Albanian). Shkodra Sport. 16 January 2012. Retrieved 29 March 2016.
- Feriz Ferizaj (20 January 2012). "Flamurtari largon Hysën, Cikalleshi huazohet te Tirana" [Flamurtari restrains Hysa, Cikalleshi on loan at Tirana] (in Albanian). Panorama Sport. Retrieved 14 February 2016.
- "Kamza vs. Flamurtari Vlorë 0 – 1". Soccerway. 11 February 2012. Retrieved 18 September 2016.
- "Superliga, Teuta fundos Dinamon, fiton jashtë edhe Flamurtari 1-3" [Superliga, Teuta sink Dinamo, Flamurtari wins away 1-3] (in Albanian). Shqiptarja.com. 14 April 2012. Retrieved 14 February 2016.
- "Gentian Muça: Ika nga Flamurtari" [Gentian Muça: I left Flamurtari] (in Albanian). Panorama Sport. 8 July 2012. Retrieved 28 November 2014.
- Ermal Sika (7 October 2012). "Rubio në "paqe" me Tiranën" [Rubio in "peace" with Tirana] (in Albanian). Panorama Sport. Retrieved 7 October 2012.
- Admir Uruçi; Leonard Karaj (11 November 2012). "Duro: Vllazninë e kam nën kontroll, për mua vendos klubi" [Duro: I have Vllaznia under control, the club decides for me] (in Albanian). Panorama Sport. Retrieved 28 November 2014.
- Adela Merko (4 March 2013). "‘Sparkatë’ e Gentian Muçës: Ky, momenti im. Ndaj Besës do shkojmë për t’u konfirmuar" [Gentian Muça: This is my moment. Against Besa we are going to be confirmed] (in Albanian). Panorama Sport. Retrieved 24 September 2016.
- "Summary - Superliga - Albania- Results - fixtures, tables and news". Soccerway. 29 November 2014. Retrieved 29 November 2014.
- Adela Merko (2 September 2013). "Barazim ndaj Laçit, Tirana s’bind në start. Dede ka rezerva: Prisja më shumë nga ekipi" [A draw against Laçi, Tirana doesn't convince in start. Dede has reserves. I expected more from the team] (in Albanian). Panorama Sport. Retrieved 18 September 2016.
- Adela Merko (16 September 2013). "Fitore qetësie për Tiranën, Lushnja akuzon. Trajneri Dede: Ky triumf na ktheu moralin" [A calm win for Tirana, Lushnja accuses. Coach Dede. This triumph brought us the morale back] (in Albanian). Panorama Sport. Retrieved 29 November 2014.
- "Gugash Magani emërohet trajner i Tiranës: Të vrasim frikën" [Gugash Magani named the new coach of Tirana. Let's kill the fear] (in Albanian). Balkanweb.com. 1 December 2013. Archived from the original on 24 February 2014. Retrieved 9 March 2014.
- "Tirana fiton derbin, mjafton Gilberto" [Tirana wins the derby, Gilberto is enough] (in Albanian). Sport Ekspres. 7 February 2014. Retrieved 8 February 2014.
- Murat Aruçi (30 April 2016). "Magani: Festë kur ta mbyllim matematikisht. Tirana nuk ndalet, bind edhe me Kastriotin" [Magani: Celebration only when we finish mathematically. Tirana doesn't stop, convinces even with Kastrioti] (in Albanian). Panorama Sport. Retrieved 29 November 2014.
- Sotir Kora (4 May 2014). "Tirona siguron mbijetesën" [Tirona secures the survival] (in Albanian). SuperSport Albania. Archived from the original on 4 May 2014. Retrieved 4 May 2014.
- Ermal Sika (4 May 2014). "Barazim në Vlorë, mbijeton Tirana. Magani: Tani që ia dolëm, jam i gatshëm që të rinovoj" [A draw in Vlorë, Tirana survives. Magani: Now that we make it, i'm ready to renew] (in Albanian). Panorama Sport. Retrieved 6 May 2014.
- "Formacioni, "Kombëtarja" e Kategorisë Superiore" [The lineup, "national team" of Albanian Superliga] (in Albanian). Panorama Sport. 16 May 2014. Retrieved 16 May 2014.
- Leonard Karaj (5 August 2014). "Karabeci lë shiritin, "gradohet" E.Bulku" [Karabeci leaves the armband, E.Bulku "promoted"] (in Albanian). Panorama Sport. Retrieved 3 July 2015.
- "Tirana vs. Apolonia Fier 3 – 0". Soccerway. 24 August 2014. Retrieved 24 August 2015.
- Adela Merko (25 August 2014). ""Fluturon" Tirana, gola dhe spektakël ndaj Apolonisë. Magani: S’duhet të shpërdoronim" [Tirana "flies", goals and show against on Apolonia. Magani: We shouldn't have wasted] (in Albanian). Panorama Sport. Retrieved 25 August 2014.
- Adela Merko (20 October 2014). "Fitore me supergola, Tirana merr kreun" [A win with supergoals, Tirana takes the lead] (in Albanian). Panorama Sport. Retrieved 20 October 2014.
- Mikel Mbriçaj (30 October 2014). ""Marsh" bardheblu, Tirana është super. Magani: Kjo ishte ndeshja jonë më e mirë" [A whiteandblue "gear", Tirana is superb. Magani: This was out best match] (in Albanian). Panorama Sport. Retrieved 31 October 2014.
- "Apolonia Fier vs. Tirana 0 – 3". Soccerway. 30 October 2014. Retrieved 31 October 2014.
- Mema, Vladimir (24 November 2014). "Përmbysje e çmendur, Ndikumana… 99-ësh" [Crazy comeback, Ndikumana… 99] (in Albanian). Panorama Sport. Retrieved 6 December 2015.
- "Tirana vs. Vllaznia Shkodër 2 – 1". Soccerway. 12 April 2015. Retrieved 13 April 2015.
- ""Heroi" i bardhebluve, Muça: Goli për Geri Allkajn!" [The "hero" of whiteandblues, Muça: The goal for Geri Allkaj!] (in Albanian). Sport Ekspres. 13 April 2015. Archived from the original on 4 March 2016. Retrieved 13 April 2015.
- "Laçi mposht Tiranën dhe shkon në finalen e Kupës së Shqipërisë" [Laçi defeats Tirana and goes to the Albanian Cup final] (in Albanian). Gazeta Dita. 22 April 2015. Retrieved 23 April 2015.
- "Gentian Muça rikthehet tek Tirana" [Gentian Muça returns to Tirana] (in Albanian). Minuta90.com. 11 August 2015. Retrieved 6 September 2015.
- "Tirana i prish festën Tërbunit, bardheblutë fitojnë me përmbysje" [Tirana demolish Tërbuni's party, whiteandblues wins with a comeback] (in Albanian). Panorama Sport. 24 August 2015. Retrieved 23 September 2015.
- "Tirana – Teuta 2–0" (in Albanian). KF Tirana. 26 September 2015. Retrieved 27 September 2015.
- Deçka, Andi (23 December 2015). "Tirana mposht në "Zeqir Ymeri" Kukësin" [Tirana defeats Kukësi at "Zeqir Ymeri"] (in Albanian). SuperSport Albania. Retrieved 25 December 2015.
- "Gentjan Muça humb ndeshjen e kthimit në Kupë" [Gentjan Muça misses the returning match in cup] (in Albanian). Panorama Sport. 26 January 2016. Retrieved 26 January 2016.
- "Tërbuni 1–3 Tirana" (in Albanian). KF Tirana. 26 September 2015. Retrieved 27 September 2015.
- "Daja: Loja e bukur vështirë të bëhet edhe ndaj Bylisit" [Daja: The beautyfull game is hard to be repeated against Bylis] (in Albanian). Panorama Sport. 12 February 2016. Retrieved 19 February 2016.
- "Tirana – Bylis 2-0" (in Albanian). KF TIirana. 13 February 2016. Retrieved 13 February 2016.
- Ergis Tafalla (16 February 2016). "Muça shtang Tiranën, niset drejt Austrisë" [Muça astound Tirana, goes to Austria] (in Albanian). Telesport.al. Retrieved 19 February 2016.
- "Gentjan Muça nesër në Austri për të diagnostikuar dëmtimin" [Gentjan Muça tomorrow in Austria to diagnose the injury] (in Albanian). KF Tirana. 16 February 2016. Retrieved 19 February 2016.
- "Operacioni përfundon me sukses për Gentjan Muçën" [The surgery ends well for Gentjan Muça] (in Albanian). KF Tirana. 19 February 2016. Retrieved 19 February 2016.
- Andi Deçka (10 April 2016). "Bakaj mban gjallë shprest europiane të Tiranës" [Bakaj keeps Tirana's european chances alive] (in Albanian). SuperSport Albania. Retrieved 10 April 2016.[permanent dead link]
- Olsi Karagjozi (17 April 2016). "Bylis dhe Tirana ndajnë nga një pikë që nuk vlen" [Bylis and Tirana share a point each that's not worth] (in Albanian). SuperSport Albania. Retrieved 18 April 2016.
- Adi Metaliu (4 May 2016). "Tirana "zbeh" shpresën e Partizanit për titull, derbi mbyllet 2-2" [Tirana "fades" Partizani's hopes for the title, derby ends 2-2] (in Albanian). SuperSport Albania. Retrieved 11 May 2016.
- Adi Metaliu (5 May 2016). "Java e 33-të, Tirana largon Partizanin nga titulli" [33rd week, Tirana removes Partizani from the title] (in Albanian). SuperSport Albania. Retrieved 11 May 2016.
- "Daja: Në Vlorë luajmë për fanellën" [Daja: In Vlorë we play for the shirt] (in Albanian). Panorama Sport. 7 May 2016. Retrieved 11 May 2016.
- Erald Kodheli (8 May 2016). "Flamurtari lë Tiranën jashtë Europës" [Flamurtari leaves Tirana out of Europe] (in Albanian). SuperSport Albania. Retrieved 11 May 2016.
- "Katër sezone pa Europë, ja dështimet e Tiranës" [Four seasons without Europe, here are the Tirana's failures] (in Albanian). Panorama Sport. 10 May 2016. Retrieved 11 May 2016.
- Adela Merko (5 September 2016). "Gëzon Tirana, kapiteni Muça është gati për startin" [Tirana celebrates, the captain Muça is ready for the start] (in Albanian). Panorama Sport. Retrieved 18 September 2016.
- "Tirana dhe Teuta nuk gjejnë fitues…as me shtyllat" [Tirana and Teuta does not find a winner…even with crossbars] (in Albanian). Sport Ekspres. 8 September 2016. Retrieved 18 September 2016.
- Olsi Karagjozi (30 March 2017). "Mbyllet para kohe sezoni për Muçën" [The season finishes early for Muça] (in Albanian). SuperSport Albania. Retrieved 22 June 2017.
- "Kukësi nis merkaton, vjen Gentian Muça për dy ndeshjet e Europës" [Kukësi starts the mercato, Gentian Muça arrives for the two European matches] (in Albanian). Panorama Sport. 12 June 2015. Retrieved 12 June 2015.
- "Kukësi do 300 mijë euro për Zeqirin. Muça driblon Tiranën, ka firmosur për gjithë sezonin" [Kukësi wants 300,000 euro for Zeqiri. Muça dribbles Tirana, has sign for the whole sason] (in Albanian). Panorama Sport. 29 June 2015. Retrieved 29 June 2015.
- "Kukësi 5 miqësore në Austri, trajneri i ri pritet të jetë Bylbyl Sokoli" [Kukësi 5 friendlies in Austria, the new coach is expected to be Bylbyl Sokoli] (in Albanian). Koha Jone. 15 June 2015. Retrieved 15 June 2015.
- Olsi Karagjozi (1 July 2015). "Kukësi mbyll turin e miqësoreve me barazim" [Kukësi ends the friendlies tour with a draw] (in Albanian). SuperSport Albania. Retrieved 3 July 2015.
- "Kukësi mbyll fazën përgatitore për kupat e Europës" [Kukësi ends the preparation phase for European cup] (in Albanian). TV Klan. 30 June 2015. Retrieved 3 July 2015.
- "Kukësi një hap larg kualifikimit, mposht 2-0 Torpedon" [Kukësi a step away from qualifying, defeats Torpedo 2-0] (in Albanian). SuperSport Albania. 2 July 2015. Retrieved 3 July 2015.
- Andi Deçka (9 July 2015). "Kukësi avancon në raundin e dytë të E. League" [Kukësi advances to the second round of E. League] (in Albanian). SuperSport Albania. Retrieved 9 July 2015.
- "Veniten ëndërrat e Kukësit, mposhtet 0-1 në shtëpi nga ekipi malazez" [The dreams of Kukësi are faded, defeated 0-1 at home by montenegrins] (in Albanian). LajmiFundit.al. 16 July 2015. Retrieved 16 July 2015.
- Eduard Ilnica (23 July 2015). "Kukësi përmbys në Podgoricë, kalon në turin e tretë" [Kukësi overturns in Podgoricë, passes in third turn] (in Albanian). Telesport.al. Retrieved 23 July 2015.
- "Kukës v Legia decision". UEFA. 4 August 2015. Retrieved 4 August 2015.
- "Europa League: Kukesi v Legia Warsaw abandoned after crowd trouble". The Guardian. 30 July 2015. Retrieved 30 July 2015.
- Elgita Ocka (6 August 2015). "E. League, eliminohet Kukësi, Legia fiton 1-0" [E. League, Kukësi eliminated, Legia wins 1-0] (in Albanian). SuperSport Albania. Retrieved 6 August 2015.
- Adi Metaliu (11 August 2015). "Gentian Muca firmos me Tiranen" [Gentian Muça signs with Tirana] (in Albanian). SuperSport Albania. Retrieved 11 August 2015.
- Rinald Bregasi (17 July 2015). "Muça, Kukësi dhe dashuria e verës" [Muça, Kukësi and his summer love] (in Albanian). SuperSport Albania. Retrieved 17 July 2015.
- Ergis Tafalla (12 July 2015). "De Biasi për Gjicin: Mos e lër Muçën" [De Biasi for Gjici: Don't let Muça go] (in Albanian). Telesport.al. Retrieved 12 July 2015.
- "Vjen konfirmimi, Gentjan Muça kalon te Kukësi" [The confirmation arrives, Gentjan Muça passes to Kukësi] (in Albanian). Panorama Sport. 23 June 2016. Retrieved 23 June 2016.
- Andi Deçka (30 June 2016). "Kukësi rrezikon, barazon 1-1 me Rudar" [Kukësi risks, drew 1-1 with Rudar] (in Albanian). SuperSport Albania. Retrieved 30 June 2016.
- "Gentian Muça, surpriza anti-Estoni" [Gentian Muça, the anti-Estonia surprise] (in Albanian). Top Channel. 7 November 2011. Retrieved 18 July 2011.
- "Kosovë 2-3 Shqipëri (B) (VIDEO)" [Kosovo 2-3 Albania (B) (VIDEO)] (in Albanian). Lajme Sport. 17 February 2010. Retrieved 31 January 2016.
- "TIRONA 2-2 partimorri 4.05.2016" (in Albanian). Tirona Fanatics. 6 May 2016. Retrieved 12 May 2016.
- "VIDEO/ Si festoi Tirana pas ndeshjes, Muça: Mbyte Beogradin, mbyti komunistat" [VIDEO/ How did Tirana celebrate after the match, Muça: Wreck Belgrade, wrect the communists] (in Albanian). Panorama Sport. 6 May 2016. Retrieved 12 May 2016.
- "Vendimi i Komisionit te Disiplines se FSHF date 11.05.2016" [Decision of Disciplinary Committee of AFA date 11.05.2016] (in Albanian). FSHF.org. 11 May 2016. Retrieved 12 May 2016.
- "Komisioni i Disiplinës pezullon për 12 muaj Gentjan Muçën" [Disciplinary Committee bans Gentijan Muca for 12 months] (in Albanian). KF Tirana. 11 May 2016. Retrieved 12 May 2016.
- "Muça përjashtohet 1 vit, Tirana: Padrejtësi, do ta apelojmë!" [Muça excluded 1 year, Tirana: Injustice, we're going to appeal] (in Albanian). Sport Ekspres. 12 May 2016. Retrieved 12 May 2016.
- "Muça: Këndova si tifoz, nuk jam kriminel por futbollist" [Muça: I sang as a fan, i'm not a criminel but footballer] (in Albanian). Panorama Sport. 12 May 2016. Retrieved 12 May 2016.
- "Tirana/ Vendimi shokon lojtarët, Muça lë përgjysmë stërvitjen" [Tirana/ The decision shocked the players, Muça leaves the training] (in Albanian). Panorama Sport. 12 May 2016. Retrieved 12 May 2016.
- Alfred Lleshi (2 June 2016). "Apeli vë dorën në zemër, amniston Tiranën dhe Gentian Muçën" [The appeal is generous, amnesty Tirana and Gentian Muça] (in Albanian). Telesport.al. Retrieved 18 September 2016.
- "Komisioni i Apelit redukton dënimin e Gentian Muçës" [Appeals Committee reduces Gentian Muça's punishment] (in Albanian). Ora Sport. 2 June 2016. Retrieved 18 September 2016.
- "Gentian Muça në namaz të sabahut" (in Albanian). Koha Islame. 7 October 2015. Retrieved 19 February 2016.
- "GOF Gentian". The game of friendship. 10 October 2014. Retrieved 19 February 2016.
- Ergis Tafalla (17 July 2015). "Gent Muça "zbret me këmbë në tokë" krerët bardheblu" (in Albanian). Telesport.al. Retrieved 19 February 2016.
- "Përtej futbollit.... me Gentian Muçën" [Beyond football.... with Gentian Muça] (in Albanian). Tirona-TV.net. 23 April 2015. Retrieved 19 February 2016.
- "Futbollisti i Tiranës Gentian Muça martohet në stadium" [Tirana footballer Gentian Muça marry in stadium] (in Albanian). Koha Jonë. 16 October 2016. Retrieved 24 October 2016.
- "Dasmë në fushën e blertë, Muça martohet në "Selman Stërmasi" (Foto)" [Wedding on the field, Muça marry in "Selman Stërmasi" (Photo)] (in Albanian). Gazeta Express. 16 October 2016. Retrieved 24 October 2016.
- "Albania - G. Muça - Profile with news, career statistics and history". Soccerway. Retrieved 30 October 2014.
- "Football : Gentian Muça". Football DataBase. Retrieved 30 October 2014.
- "Profile of Gentian Muça at footballzz.co.uk". footballzz.co.uk. Retrieved 30 October 2014.
- "Gentian Muça". National Football Teams. Retrieved 31 January 2016.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Gentian Muça.|