Gentilly Terrace, New Orleans
|New Orleans Neighborhood|
|Planning District||District 6, Gentilly District|
|Elevation||0 ft (0.0 m)|
|Area||1.21 sq mi (3.1 km2)|
|- land||1.21 sq mi (3 km2)|
|- water||0.00 sq mi (0 km2), 0%|
|Density||3,095/sq mi (1,195/km2)|
|- summer (DST)||CDT (UTC-5)|
Gentilly Terrace is a neighborhood of the city of New Orleans. A subdistrict of the Gentilly District Area, its boundaries as defined by the City Planning Commission are: Filmore Avenue to the north, People's Avenue to the east, Dahlia Walk and Benefit Street to the south and Elysian Fields Avenue to the west. Gentilly Terrace may be further divided into Gentilly Terrace & Gardens, Edgewood Park and Fairmont Park, all three of which possess organized, distinct, and active neighborhood associations.
Gentilly Terrace is located at  and has an elevation of 0 feet (0.0 m). According to the United States Census Bureau, the district has a total area of 1.21 square miles (3.1 km2). 1.21 square miles (3.1 km2) of which is land and 0.00 square miles (0.0 km2) (0.0%) of which is water.
- Milneburg (north)
- Gentilly Woods (east)
- Desire Area (east)
- St. Roch (south)
- Dillard (west)
- St. Anthony (west)
The City Planning Commission defines the boundaries of Gentilly Terrace as these streets: Filmore Avenue, People's Avenue, Dahlia Walk, Benefit Street and Elysian Fields Avenue.
New Orleans Public Schools supervises the two public elementary schools within the neighborhood, while Brother Martin High School offers an all-boys, Catholic education for grades 8-12. There are no public high schools within Gentilly Terrace.
Schools within Gentilly Terrace:
- Audubon Gentilly Elementary School (operated by Audubon Charter Schools/FAME, Inc.)
- Mary McLeod Bethune at Stuart Bradley Elementary School
- Brother Martin High School (operated by the Catholic Brothers of the Sacred Heart)
Nearby public high schools:
- Benjamin Franklin High School (New Orleans) (operated by Advocates for Academic Excellence in Education, Inc.)
- John F. Kennedy High School at Lake Area (operated by New Beginnings School Foundation)
- McDonogh 35 College Preparatory High School
Nearby private schools:
Restaurants & Eateries
The following list includes establishments located within Gentilly Terrace as well as others near the neighborhood:
- Adrian's Bakery
- Chinese Tea Garden
- Daddy's Donuts
- Daiquiris & Company
- East of Italy
- Good Time Sushi
- Original Fiorella’s Cafe
- Pepperoni Ray's
- Sammy's Food Service & Deli
- Sassafras on the Lakefront
- The Juju Bag Cafe
- Yummy Sushi & Hibachi
- Zimmer's Seafood
- "US Gazetteer files: 2010, 2000, and 1990". United States Census Bureau. 2011-02-12. Retrieved 2011-04-23.
- "US Board on Geographic Names". United States Geological Survey. 2007-10-25. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- Greater New Orleans Community Data Center. "Gentilly Terrace Neighborhood". Retrieved 2008-06-21.
- "Gentilly Terrace". Greater New Orleans Community Data Center. Retrieved 6 January 2012.
|This New Orleans, Louisiana–related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|