Gentilly Terrace, New Orleans
|New Orleans Neighborhood|
|Planning District||District 6, Gentilly District|
|Elevation||0 ft (0.0 m)|
|Area||1.21 sq mi (3.1 km2)|
|- land||1.21 sq mi (3 km2)|
|- water||0.00 sq mi (0 km2), 0%|
|Density||3,095/sq mi (1,195/km2)|
|Mayor||Mitchell Joseph "Mitch" Landrieu|
|- summer (DST)||CDT (UTC-5)|
Gentilly Terrace is a neighborhood of the city of New Orleans. A subdistrict of the Gentilly District Area, its boundaries as defined by the City Planning Commission are: Filmore Avenue to the north, People's Avenue to the east, Dahlia Walk and Benefit Street to the south and Elysian Fields Avenue to the west.
Gentilly Terrace is located at  and has an elevation of 0 feet (0.0 m). According to the United States Census Bureau, the district has a total area of 1.21 square miles (3.1 km2). 1.21 square miles (3.1 km2) of which is land and 0.00 square miles (0.0 km2) (0.0%) of which is water.
- Milneburg (north)
- Gentilly Woods (east)
- Desire Area (east)
- St. Roch (south)
- Dillard (west)
- St. Anthony (west)
The City Planning Commission defines the boundaries of Gentilly Terrace as these streets: Filmore Avenue, People's Avenue, Dahlia Walk, Benefit Street and Elysian Fields Avenue.
- Gentilly Terrace Charter School
- Benjamin Franklin High School (New Orleans)
- Holy Cross School (New Orleans)
- Brother Martin High School
Restaurants & Eateries
- Adrian's Bakery
- Chinese Tea Garden
- Daddy's Donuts
- Daiquiris & Company
- East of Italy
- Good Time Sushi
- Pepperoni Ray's
- Sammy's Food Service & Deli
- Sassafras on the Lakefront
- The Juju Bag Cafe
- Yummy Sushi & Hibachi
- Zimmer's Seafood
- "US Gazetteer files: 2010, 2000, and 1990". United States Census Bureau. 2011-02-12. Retrieved 2011-04-23.
- "US Board on Geographic Names". United States Geological Survey. 2007-10-25. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- Greater New Orleans Community Data Center. "Gentilly Terrace Neighborhood". Retrieved 2008-06-21.
- "Gentilly Terrace". Greater New Orleans Community Data Center. Retrieved 6 January 2012.
|This New Orleans, Louisiana–related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|