|Traded as||LSE: GNS|
|Headquarters||Basingstoke, Hampshire, UK|
|Bob Lawson, Chairman
Karim Bitar, CEO
|Revenue||£388.3 million (2016)|
|£58.6 million (2016)|
|£50.3 million (2016)|
The business has its origins in the former Breeding & Production Division of the Milk Marketing Board which was established in 1933 and broken up in 1994. In 1999 Genus acquired ABS Global, a company founded by J.R. Prentice in the US as the American Breeders Service in 1941 selling the semen of cattle. In 2005 Genus acquired, through the takeover of Sygen International plc, PIC, a company founded by six pork producers in the UK as the Pig Improvement Company in 1962.
Board of Directors
- Bob Lawson (Chairman)
- Karim Bitar (CEO)
- Stephen Wilson (Group Finance Director)
- Nigel Turner (Senior Non-Executive Director)
- Mike Buzzacott (Non-Executive Director)
- Professor Duncan Maskell (Non-Executive Director)
- Lykele van der Broek (Non-Executive Director)
- Dan Hartley (Group General Counsel & Company Secretary)
The Company has two divisions:
- "Genus plc - Investor Relations - Genus Board". genusplc.com. Retrieved 28 March 2015.
- "Preliminary Results 2016" (PDF). Genus plc. Retrieved 21 April 2017.
- The BSE Inquiry
- ABS Global Parent Reports Positive Year-End Results and Stock Listing
- "Genus Completes Acquisition Of Sygen". The Pig Site. Retrieved 28 March 2015.