|The Right Reverend
|area Bishop of Stafford|
|Diocese||Diocese of Lichfield|
|Other posts||Vicar of Thornhill, Southampton (1994–2010)|
|Consecration||21 September 2010|
29 November 1953 |
|Children||1 adult daughter & 1 adult son: Katie & Ben|
|Profession||formerly social worker|
Education and career
Born in London, Annas was a senior social worker before attending Salisbury and Wells Theological College. Upon leaving theological college, he was ordained in 1983 and became a curate at Holy Trinity with St Matthew, Southwark until 1987. Annas then served as a Team Vicar at St Christopher's Church, Walworth and Warden of the Pembroke College Mission before moving to Southampton in 1994 to be Vicar of St Christopher's Church, Thornhill. He also acted as Theatre Chaplain to The Mayflower Theatre, Southampton from July 1996 to July 2010. In 2007, he additionally became Assistant Area Dean of Southampton and an honorary canon of Winchester Cathedral. He was also known within the local area for helping to set up the Street Pastor Scheme in Southampton, as well as being a Street Pastor himself.
As was announced on 2 June 2010, Annas was to move to the Diocese of Lichfield as area Bishop of Stafford in late September 2010, in succession to Gordon Mursell, who retired early on grounds of ill health. Annas was consecrated on 21 September at St Paul's Cathedral and installed on 26 September 2010.
Marriage and family
- The Reverend Geoff Annas (1983–2007)
- The Reverend Canon Geoff Annas (2007–2010)
- The Right Reverend Geoff Annas (2010–present)
- Lichfield Diocese — Appointment of Stafford’s next bishop welcomed
- Number 10 — Suffragan See of Stafford
- Diocese of Lichfield — Bishop of Stafford
- This is Staffordshire — New Bishop of Stafford dazzled by a warm welcome
- Lichfield Diocese — Southampton Street Pastor to be next Bishop of Stafford
- The Independent — Church appointments, 18 June 1994
- Lichfield Diocese — Archbishop consecrates new bishop...
|Church of England titles|
|Bishop of Stafford