Geoff Brown (RAAF officer)
|Geoffrey Charles Brown|
Air Marshal Geoff Brown (left) in November 2013
1 August 1958 |
|Service/branch||Royal Australian Air Force|
|Years of service||1980 – present|
|Commands held||Chief of Air Force (2011–)
Deputy Chief of Air Force (2008–11)
Air Combat Group (2006)
No. 82 Wing (2000–03)
No. 3 Squadron (1997–00)
|Awards||Officer of the Order of Australia
Legionnaire of the Legion of Merit (United States)
Meritorious Service Medal (Singapore)
After studying engineering, Brown joined the Royal Australian Air Force in 1980. He became Officer Commanding No. 3 Squadron in 1997 and Officer Commanding No. 82 Wing in 2000. He commanded air transport operations in Operation Iraqi Freedom in 2003 before becoming Officer Commanding Airborne Early Warning and Control Systems Program Office later that year. He became Commander of the Air Combat Group in 2006, Director General Capability Planning at Air Force Headquarters in 2007 and Deputy Chief of Air Force in 2008.
Honours and awards
|This section needs additional citations for verification. (January 2012)|
|Officer of the Order of Australia (AO)||26 January 2012|
|Member of the Order of Australia (AM)||27 November 2003|
|Australian Active Service Medal|
|Defence Force Service Medal|
|Australian Defence Medal|
|Legionnaire in the Legion of Merit (United States)||30 July 2003|
|Meritorious Service Medal (Singapore)||2014|
- "Air Marshal Geoff Brown, AO". Royal Australian Air Force. Retrieved 7 September 2013.
- "Brown becomes CAF after RAAF command changeover ceremony". 1 July 2011. Retrieved 24 July 2011.
- Blenkin, Max (1 July 2011). "RAAF rules the skies – and Russell". Sydney Morning Herald. Retrieved 24 July 2011.
- "Air Marshals". Air Marshals of the RAAF. Royal Australian Air Force Air Power Development Centre. Retrieved 26 July 2011.
- AAP (4 July 2014). "Air Marshal Mark Binskin has been announced as the new head of the Australian defence force.". SBS News (Special Broadcasting Service). Retrieved 4 July 2014.
- It's an Honour – Officer of the Order of Australia – 26 January 2012
Citation: For exceptional performance of duty, particularly in regard to the development of the Australian Rules of Engagement and Targeting Directive, as the Commander Task Group 633.4, during Operation FALCONER.
- It's an Honour – Member of the Order of Australia – 27 November 2003
Citation: For distinguished service to the Royal Australian Air Force in senior command and staff appointments.
- Air Force News – Legionnaire of the Legion of Merit – 20 July 2003
Citation: Deftly balanced participation in coalition headquarters planning and utilisation functions with his responsibilities as wartime commander to supervise, control and direct Australian forces engaged in complex airspace operations
Air Marshal Mark Binskin
|Chief of Air Force
2011 – present
Air Vice Marshal John Blackburn
|Deputy Chief of Air Force
Air Vice Marshal Neil Hart
|This biographical article related to the military of Australia is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|