|Full name||Geoffrey Butler|
|Date of birth||26 September 1946|
|Place of birth||Middlesbrough, England|
|1974–1975||→ Baltimore Comets (loan)||40||(2)|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only|
He started out with his hometown club Middlesbrough and made 55 league appearances for them before a transfer to Chelsea in September 1967. He only made a total of nine appearances for Chelsea. He later played for Sunderland and Norwich City, and whilst at Norwich he played for the Baltimore Comets of the North American Soccer League in the 1974 and 1975 NASL summer seasons, making a total of 40 appearances. He also played for Bournemouth. While at Norwich, he was a member of the team that reached the final of the League Cup in 1973.
- Geoff Butler at Post War English & Scottish Football League A–Z Player's Database
- Geoffrey Butler League Stats and 1973 photo at football-heroes. Sporting Heroes Photographic Encyclopedia. Retrieved on: 23 November 2010.
- Chelsea Player Database
- NASL stats at nasljerseys.com
- 1973 Football League Cup Final line-ups at soccerbase
- Canary Citizens by Mike Davage, John Eastwood, Kevin Platt, published by Jarrold Publishing, (2001), ISBN 0-7117-2020-7
|This biographical article related to association football in England, about a defender born in the 1940s, is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|