This biography of a living person needs additional citations for verification. (January 2014) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Genre||Science fiction, Fantasy, Thriller|
Geoff Nelder is a British freelance editor and author. He has written both fiction and non-fiction, and his research in the field of air pollution and climate won him a fellowship with the Royal Meteorological Society. Nelder's fictional work falls in the genres of science fiction, fantasy and thrillers, and he is known for his sci-fi series ARIA, which won him a Preditors & Editors Award for best science fiction novel. Nelder also published the sci-fi magazine Escape Velocity, which launched in 2009. Prior to moving to writing as his primary occupation, Nelder has worked as a teacher at Queens Park High School for 26 years.
In 1975 Nelder became a life member of the British Vegan Society. In 2009 Nelder became a publisher for BeWrite Books, an independent publisher.
- Fellow of the Royal Meteorological Society, Master of Science (Sheffield), Bachelor of Education
- Preditors & Editors Award for best science fiction novel (ARIA: Left Luggage) (2013, won)
- Left Luggage (2012, LL-Publications, ISBN 978-1905091959)
- Returning Left Luggage (2013, LL-Publications, ISBN 978-0957472655)
- Abandoned Luggage (TBA)
- Escaping Reality (2005, Brambling Books, ISBN 978-0954956325)
- Dimensions, a sci-fi anthology with Robert Blevins (2006, Adventure Books of Seattle)
- Exit, Pursued by a Bee (2008, Double Dragon Publishing, ISBN 978-1554045945)
- Hot Air (2011, Adventure Books of Seattle)
- Escape Velocity - The Anthology, anthology with Robert Blevins (2011, Adventure Books of Seattle)
- ARIA Trilogy - Left Luggage; Returning Left Luggage; Abandoned Left Luggage (2012 - 2015, LL-Publishing)
- The Chaos of Mokii (2016, Solstice Publishing)
- Xaghra's Revenge (2018, Solstice Publishing)
- Incremental a collection of 25 surreal, mostly scifi short stories (2018, LL-Publishing)
- Suppose We first in the Flying Crooked scifi series. Vegan protagonist on a vegan planet (2019, LL-Publishing)
- Huddersfield's Changing Climate (1977)
- Chester's Climate: past and present (1987) Republished with updates (2017)
- Cheshire from Space remote sensing pack (1992, as project manager with Keith Hilton)
- Inside Scoop (2008)
- How to Win Short Story Competitions Second edition (2018) co-written with Dave Haslett ISBN 978-1719861663
- "Fellows". Royal Meteorological Society. Retrieved 2 January 2014.
- Freeman, Matt (30 January 2013). "BSFA member Geoff Nelder wins fiction award". British Science Fiction Association. Retrieved 2 January 2014.
- "Chester author Geoff Nelder publishes first book in trilogy". Liverpool Daily Post. 13 September 2012. Retrieved 2 January 2014.
- Henwood, Jo (23 July 2009). "Chester author Geoff Nelder to become publisher at BeWrite books". Chester Chronicle. Retrieved 2 January 2014.
- Ball, Maggie (17 November 2012). "Book Review: ARIA: Left Luggage by Geoff Nelder". Seattle Post-Intelligencer. Retrieved 2 January 2014.
- O'Dowd, Katy (10 October 2012). "Aria: Left Luggage by Geoff Nelder. Book review". British Fantasy Society. Retrieved 2 January 2014.