|The Right Reverend
|Bishop of Lancaster|
|Diocese||Diocese of Blackburn|
|Successor||Jill Duff (announced)|
|Ordination||1974 (deacon); 1975 (priest)
by Eric Treacy (priest)
|Consecration||2 November 2006|
|Born||18 July 1951|
|Spouse||Jean (m. 1973)|
|Alma mater||St John's College, Durham|
Early life and education
He was made a deacon in 1974 and ordained a priest at Petertide 1975 (29 June), by Eric Treacy, Bishop of Wakefield, at Wakefield Cathedral, serving his title (curacy) at Kirkheaton, West Yorkshire (1974–1977). He then became curate-in-charge (1977–1982) and then incumbent (1982–1985) at the Church of the Redeemer, Blackburn, before taking up an appointment as Assistant Home Secretary for the General Board for Mission and Unity (1985–1989, during which time he was also licensed as an honorary curate at Forty Hill, London) and Executive Secretary for the British Council of Churches' Evangelism Committee (from 1986). Finally (before his appointment to the episcopate) he moved to Merseyside to be Vicar of Roby, during which time he was also Area Dean of Huyton (from 2002) and an honorary canon of Liverpool Cathedral (from 2003).
Pearson was appointed Bishop of Lancaster — the sole suffragan bishop of the Diocese of Blackburn — in 2006, took up his See with his consecration as a bishop on 2 November 2006 and was installed not long after at Blackburn Cathedral. He has dedicated much of his ministry to the prioritisation of gospel work amongst children and young people. A keen hillwalker, Pearson married in 1973 and they now have three adult children.
- The Reverend Geoff Pearson (1974–2003)
- The Reverend Canon Geoff Pearson (2003–2006)
- The Right Reverend Geoff Pearson (2006–present)
- Episcopal World — Advent 2006 Archived November 20, 2010, at the Wayback Machine.
- Pearson, Geoffrey Seagrave. ukwhoswho.com. Who's Who. 2017 (November 2016 online ed.). A & C Black, an imprint of Bloomsbury Publishing plc. Retrieved 27 July 2017.
- Anglican web-site
- Diocese of Blackburn — Bishop's Staff
- Official notification of appointment
- "Petertide ordinations (Archived; subscription only)". Church Times (#5864). 4 July 1975. p. 15. ISSN 0009-658X. Retrieved 27 July 2017. (Subscription required (. ))
- Crockford's Clerical Directory (online ed.). Church House Publishing. Retrieved 27 July 2017..
- Debrett's People of Today London, 2008 Debrett's, ISBN 978-1-870520-95-9
- Diocese of Blackburn — The Anglican Bishop of Lancaster announces his retirement (Accessed 16 January 2017)
- Diocese of Blackburn — Bishop Geoff's retirement reflections (Accessed 26 July 2017)
|Church of England titles|
|Bishop of Lancaster