This biography of a living person needs additional citations for verification. (February 2016) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
This article may rely excessively on sources too closely associated with the subject, potentially preventing the article from being verifiable and neutral. (August 2017) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Geoffrey Lazer Ramsey|
Ramsey at RTX 2013
|Born||Geoffrey Paul Fink
June 19, 1975
Mobile, Alabama, U.S.
|Residence||Austin, Texas, U.S.|
|Occupation||Film producer, actor|
|Spouse(s)||Griffon Ramsey (m. 2005; separated 2017)|
Geoffrey Lazer Ramsey (born Geoffrey Paul Fink on June 19, 1975) is an American voice actor, comedian, and Internet personality. He co-founded the production company Rooster Teeth in 2003 and is best known for voicing Dexter Grif in the long-running web series Red vs. Blue. He also co-founded Achievement Hunter, a video gaming division of Rooster Teeth.
Early life and career
Ramsey was born and grew up primarily in the Mobile, Alabama area where he attended elementary and high school, but lived in Florida and the outlying areas of New Orleans when he was younger. He was a semi-pro bowler in his teenage years, and enlisted into the United States Army before graduating high school, beginning basic training at Fort Jackson in South Carolina shortly afterwards. His service lasted from 1993 to 1998, though he would go on to serve as a photojournalist in Kuwait; he was based out of Fort Hood during that time.
After his military service, Ramsey secured a job at the tech support company TeleNetwork Partners, where he met Burnie Burns. Prior to working for Rooster Teeth and TeleNetwork, Ramsey worked as a production assistant for View Askew Productions, and before that as a roadie for the band Catch 22. He also co-created the web site drunkgamers.com with Gus Sorola, hiring Burns shortly afterwards to run the site.
While changing his surname to his stepfather's, "Ramsey", he was informed by the court that it would not cost any more to change any other of his names. Because of this, he jokingly changed his middle name to "Lazer".
Ramsey is one of the original voice actors for Rooster Teeth's sci-fi comedy machinima series Red vs. Blue (as the voice of Dexter Grif) which premiered in 2003. Since then, he has gone on to become an Internet celebrity, regularly appearing at conventions such as PAX and Com Blue with Red vs. Blue actors Burnie Burns, Gus Sorola , and Joel Heyman on the Drunk Tank Podcast (renamed to The Rooster Teeth Podcast in October 2011). He has only appeared on the podcast sporadically since September 2011, but was one of the hosts on a November 2014 episode of The Patch, Rooster Teeth's gaming podcast. Ramsey's other work with Rooster Teeth includes voicing The Omnipotent Voice in the machinima series The Strangerhood (2004–2006), playing a fictionalized version of himself in both Captain Dynamic (2008) and Rooster Teeth Shorts (2009–present), being a "lab rat" in Immersion (2010) and voicing the Corpirate, the primary antagonist of the first season of the animated series X-Ray and Vav (2014).
In 2008, Ramsey started Achievement Hunter with colleague Jack Pattillo, a department of Rooster Teeth Productions centered largely on video games. Achievement Hunter originally consisted only of Ramsey and Pattillo, but now has thirteen members. The site also originally focused on achievement guides and easter eggs found in video games, but has since shifted their attention to comedic "Let's Play" videos, wherein they play video games and provide humorous commentary, as well as other game-related videos.
Additionally, he appeared in the bi-weekly reality series Happy Hour alongside his then wife Griffon Ramsey, and friend Gavin Free. In November 2017, Griffon announced that the two were in the process of a divorce.
|1994||Renaissance Man||Soldier||Uncredited voice role|
|2003–present||Red vs. Blue||Dexter Grif (voice)||Also producer|
|2004–2006||The Strangerhood||The Omnipotent Voice (voice)||Also producer|
|2005||PANICS||Alpha Squad Member (voice)|
|2007||Halo 3||UNSC Marine||On "Heroic" difficulty|
|2008||Captain Dynamic||Himself||Also producer|
|2009–2011||Rooster Teeth Shorts||Himself|
|2011||O Brave New World||Himself|
|2012||Halo 4||Grif (voice)||On radio in Spartan Ops|
|2014||X-Ray and Vav||Corpirate (voice)||Four episodes|
|2015||Let's Play Live: The Documentary||Himself|
|2016–present||Heroes and Halfwits||Bo Jingles
|2017||The Eleven Little Roosters||Boomerang Geoff|
|2017||The Tattooist||Himself||Part of Rooster Teeth's RT Docs series|
- Ramsey, Griffon. "Happy birthday". Twitter. Griffon Ramsey. Retrieved 22 January 2017.
- "RT Docs: The Tattooist". Rooster Teeth. Event occurs at 14:38. Retrieved March 25, 2017.
I was born in Mobile, Alabama
- Rooster Teeth (5 August 2009). "ROOSTER TEETH PODCAST #4". Rooster Teeth.[dead link]
- Fink, Geoffrey (8 December 1994). "1st Med Grp supports operation". The Fort Hood Sentinel.
- Rooster Teeth (16 November 2012). "Let's Play Minecraft Episode 25 - Stronghold Hunting Part 2". YouTube.
- Drunk Tank Podcast
- Biese, Alex (2012-01-18). "Taking on a life of its own". App.com. Retrieved 2012-01-18.
- Sal Basile (June 2010). "Halo: Visit Blood Gulch With Geoff Ramsey". UGO's The Goods (Website). UGO Entertainment, Incorporated. Archived from the original on June 14, 2010. Retrieved 2010-06-12.
- Rooster Teeth (16 June 2014). "Let's Play - GTA V - Ray's Heist". YouTube.
- Rooster Teeth (4 November 2013). "Red vs Blue : Season 10 Episode 22". YouTube.
- Rooster Teeth (3 June 2008). "Episode 1: Why Are We Here?". YouTube.
- Kohler, Chris (26 June 2007). "Machinima Series Red vs. Blue Ends Tour of Duty". Wired.
While the company will continue to produce occasional Red vs. Blue specials, Wednesday's climactic episode will end the long-running serial storyline, which began on April 1, 2003.
- "Roomba Death Match - Happy Hour #1". YouTube. RooosterTeeth. Retrieved 7 May 2015.
- Ramsey, Griffon [@griffonramsey] (November 17, 2017). "Unfortunately it's true. Thank you all for showing respect and appropriate etiquette during our family's transition" (Tweet). Retrieved November 17, 2017 – via Twitter.
- Rooster Teeth (October 16, 2016). "Episode 24: Red vs. Blue vs. Rooster Teeth". Retrieved October 16, 2016.
- Krahulik, Mike (November 12, 2007). "Pokemon Night and CP". Penny Arcade. Archived from the original on July 31, 2016.
Gus Sorola, Geoff Ramsey, and Burnie Burns (Simmons, Grif, and Church from RvB)
- Billy6594 (8 September 2014). "Halo 3 Geoff Ramsey Easter Egg". YouTube.
- Ultimate Halo (December 29, 2012). "All Red Vs. Blue Easter Eggs (Season 1)". YouTube. Retrieved October 16, 2016.
- Rooster Teeth (25 December 2014). "X-Ray & Vav - Episode 4: Storm the Tower". YouTube.
- @RoosterTeeth (December 7, 2016). "Introducing Boomerang Geoff of whatever Australia has. #ELR" (Tweet) – via Twitter.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Geoff Ramsey.|