||This biographical article needs additional citations for verification. (January 2013)|
Ramsey in 2009
June 19, 1975
|Occupation||Film producer and actor|
|Spouse(s)||Griffon E. Ramsey (neé O'Connell) (m. 2005)|
|Children||Millicent "Millie" Ramsey|
Geoffrey Lazer Ramsey (born Geoffrey Fink; June 19, 1975), is an American voice actor and comedian. He co-founded the production company Rooster Teeth in 2003 and is best known for voicing Dexter Grif in the long-running web series Red vs. Blue. He also co-founded Achievement Hunter, a video gaming division of Rooster Teeth which he manages and hosts for. Additionally, he co-starred in the first season of animated web series X-Ray and Vav and currently co-stars in the bi-weekly reality series Happy Hour alongside his wife Griffon Ramsey, and friend Gavin Free.
Geoff grew up primarily in the Mobile, Alabama area where he attended elementary and high school, but lived in Florida and the outlying areas of New Orleans when he was younger. He was a semi-pro bowler in his teenage years, and enlisted into the United States Army before graduating high school, beginning basic training at Fort Jackson in South Carolina shortly afterwards. His service lasted from 1993 to 1998, though he would go on to serve as a photojournalist in Kuwait; he was based out of Fort Hood during that time.
After his military service, Ramsey secured a job at the tech support company TeleNetwork Partners, where he met Burnie Burns. Prior to working for Rooster Teeth and TeleNetwork, Ramsey worked as a production assistant for View Askew Productions, and before that as a roadie for the band Catch 22. He also co-created the web site drunkgamers.com with Gus Sorola, hiring Burns shortly afterwards to run the site. Ramsey currently resides in Austin, Texas with his wife Griffon Ramsey and daughter Millicent "Millie" Ramsey.
While changing his surname to his stepfather's, "Ramsey", he was informed by the court that it would not cost any more to change any other of his names. As a joke, he changed his middle name to "Lazer".
Ramsey is one of the original voice actors for Rooster Teeth's sci-fi comedy machinima series Red vs. Blue (as the voice of Dexter Grif) which premiered in 2003. Rooster Teeth offices were first housed in Ramsey's spare bedroom. Since then, he has gone on to become an Internet celebrity, regularly appearing at conventions such as PAX and Com Blue with Red vs. Blue actors Burnie Burns, Gus Sorola, and Joel Heyman on the Drunk Tank Podcast (renamed to The Rooster Teeth Podcast in October 2011). He has not appeared on the podcast since September 2011, but was one of the hosts on a November 2014 episode of The Patch, Rooster Teeth's gaming podcast. Ramsey's other work with Rooster Teeth includes voicing The Omnipotent Voice in the machinima series The Strangerhood (2004–2006), playing a fictionalized version of himself in both Captain Dynamic (2008) and Rooster Teeth Shorts (2009–present), being a "lab rat" in Immersion (2010) and voicing the Copirate, the primary antagonist of the animated series X-Ray and Vav (2014).
In 2008, Ramsey started Achievement Hunter with colleague Jack Pattillo, a department of Rooster Teeth Productions centered largely on video games. Achievement Hunter originally consisted only of Ramsey and Pattillo, but now has thirteen members. The site also originally focused on achievement guides and easter eggs found in video games, but has since shifted their attention to comedic "Let's Play" videos, wherein they play video games and provide humorous commentary, as well as other game-related videos.
|2003–present||Red vs. Blue||Grif (voice)||Also producer|
|2004–2006||The Strangerhood||The Omnipotent Voice (voice)||Also producer|
|2005||PANICS||Alpha Squad Member (voice)|
|2007||Halo 3||UNSC Marine||On "Heroic" difficulty|
|2008–present||Achievement Hunter||Himself||Also producer and co-creator|
|2008||Captain Dynamic||Himself||Also producer|
|2009–present||Rooster Teeth Shorts||Geoff|
|2011||O Brave New World||Himself|
|2012||Halo 4||Grif (voice)|
|2014||X-Ray and Vav||Corpirate (voice)||Four episodes|
|2015||Let's Play Live: The Documentary||Himself|
|2016||The Eleven Little Roosters||Australian assassin|
- "Roomba Death Match - Happy Hour #1". YouTube. RooosterTeeth. Retrieved 7 May 2015.
- Rooster Teeth (5 August 2009). "ROOSTER TEETH PODCAST #4". Rooster Teeth.[dead link]
- Fink, Geoffrey (8 December 1994). "1st Med Grp supports operation". The Fort Hood Sentinel.
- Rooster Teeth (16 November 2012). "Let's Play Minecraft Episode 25 - Stronghold Hunting Part 2". YouTube.
- Drunk Tank Podcast[dead link]
- Biese, Alex (2012-01-18). "Taking on a life of its own". App.com. Retrieved 2012-01-18.
- Sal Basile (June 2010). "Halo: Visit Blood Gulch With Geoff Ramsey". UGO's The Goods (Website). UGO Entertainment, Incorporated. Archived from the original on June 14, 2010. Retrieved 2010-06-12.
- Rooster Teeth (16 June 2014). "Let's Play - GTA V - Ray's Heist". YouTube.
- Rooster Teeth (4 November 2013). "Red vs Blue : Season 10 Episode 22". YouTube.
- Rooster Teeth (3 June 2008). "Episode 1: Why Are We Here?". YouTube.
- Kohler, Chris (26 June 2007). "Machinima Series Red vs. Blue Ends Tour of Duty". Wired.
- Rigney, Ryan (25 May 2012). "How Rooster Teeth Won the Internet With Red vs. Blue". Wired.
- Billy6594 (8 September 2014). "Halo 3 Geoff Ramsey Easter Egg". YouTube.
- Rooster Teeth (25 December 2014). "X-Ray & Vav - Episode 4: Storm the Tower". YouTube.