This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Ramsey at RTX 2013
Geoffrey Paul Wright
June 19, 1975
Mobile, Alabama, U.S.
|Residence||Austin, Texas, U.S.|
|Occupation||Film producer, actor|
(m. 2005; div. 2018)
Geoffrey Lazer "Geoff" Ramsey (born Geoffrey Paul Wright, later Geoffrey Paul Fink on June 19, 1975) is an American voice actor, comedian and internet personality. He co-founded the production company Rooster Teeth and is known for voicing Dexter Grif in the ongoing web series Red vs. Blue. He also co-founded Achievement Hunter, a gaming division of Rooster Teeth.
Early life and career
Ramsey was born and grew up primarily in the Mobile, Alabama area where he attended elementary and high school, but lived in Pensacola and Jacksonville Florida and the outlying areas of New Orleans when he was younger. He was a semi-pro bowler in his teenage years, and enlisted into the United States Army before graduating high school, beginning basic training at Fort Jackson in South Carolina shortly afterwards. His service lasted from 1993 to 1998, though he would go on to serve as a photojournalist in Kuwait; he was based out of Fort Hood during that time. He studied journalism at Fort Benjamin Harrison.
After his military service, Ramsey secured a job at the tech support company teleNetwork, where he met Burnie Burns. Prior to working for Rooster Teeth and TeleNetwork, Ramsey worked as a production assistant for View Askew Productions, and before that as a roadie for the band Catch 22. He also co-created the web site drunkgamers.com with Gus Sorola, hiring Burns shortly afterwards to run the site.
While changing his surname to his stepfather's, "Ramsey", he was informed by the court that it would not cost any more to change any other of his names. Because of this, he jokingly changed his middle name to "Lazer".
Ramsey is one of the original voice actors for Rooster Teeth's sci-fi comedy machinima series Red vs. Blue (as the voice of Dexter Grif) which premiered in 2003. Since then, he has gone on to become an Internet celebrity, regularly appearing at conventions such as PAX and Com Blue with Red vs. Blue actors Burnie Burns, Gus Sorola , and Joel Heyman on the Drunk Tank Podcast (renamed to The Rooster Teeth Podcast in October 2011). He has only appeared on the podcast sporadically since September 2011, but was one of the hosts on a November 2014 episode of The Patch, Rooster Teeth's gaming podcast. Ramsey's other work with Rooster Teeth includes voicing The Omnipotent Voice in the machinima series The Strangerhood (2004–2006), playing a fictionalized version of himself in both Captain Dynamic (2008) and Rooster Teeth Shorts (2009–present), being a "lab rat" in Immersion (2010) and voicing the Corpirate, the primary antagonist of the first season of the animated series X-Ray and Vav (2014).
In 2008, Ramsey started Achievement Hunter with colleague Jack Pattillo, a department of Rooster Teeth Productions centered largely on video games. Achievement Hunter originally consisted only of Ramsey and Pattillo, but now has thirteen members. The site also originally focused on achievement guides and easter eggs found in video games, but has since shifted their attention to comedic "Let's Play" videos, wherein they play video games and provide humorous commentary, as well as other game-related videos.
Additionally, he appeared in the bi-weekly reality series Happy Hour alongside his then wife Griffon Ramsey, and friend Gavin Free. In November 2017, Griffon announced that the two were in the process of a divorce. Geoff announced that he was divorced the following April in a video on the Let's Play channel on YouTube.
In June 2018, Rooster Teeth launched its first pop-up store in Los Angeles featuring a collection of shirts, hoodies, bags, and pins designed by Ramsey.
|2015||Let's Play Live: The Documentary||Himself||Documentary|
|2003–present||Red vs. Blue||Dexter Grif (voice)||Also producer|
|2004–2006||The Strangerhood||Mister Mystery||Also producer|
|2009||Captain Dynamic||Himself||Also producer|
|2009–2014||Rooster Teeth Shorts||Himself|
|2011||O Brave New World||Himself|
|2014||X-Ray and Vav||Corpirate (voice)|
|2016–present||Heroes and Halfwits||Bo Jingles, Akshay, others|
|2017||The Eleven Little Roosters||Boomerang Geoff|
|2007||Halo 3||Additional Voices||Credited as Geoff Lazer Ramsey|
|2018||Red Dead Redemption 2||Train Store Clerk||Credited as Geoff Lazer Ramsey|
- Ramsey, Griffon. "Happy birthday". Twitter. Griffon Ramsey. Retrieved 22 January 2017.
- "RT Docs: The Tattooist". Rooster Teeth. Event occurs at 14:38. Retrieved March 25, 2017.
I was born in Mobile, Alabama
- Rooster Teeth (5 August 2009). "ROOSTER TEETH PODCAST #4". Rooster Teeth.[dead link]
- Fink, Geoffrey (8 December 1994). "1st Med Grp supports operation". The Fort Hood Sentinel.
- Rooster Teeth (16 November 2012). "Let's Play Minecraft Episode 25 - Stronghold Hunting Part 2". YouTube.
- "Shut Up You Absolute Chad - #143". Rooster Teeth. Event occurs at 9:10:10.
I went to journalism school there [Indiana] [...] It was a place called Fort Benjamin Harrison
- Drunk Tank Podcast
- Biese, Alex (2012-01-18). "Taking on a life of its own". App.com. Retrieved 2012-01-18.
- Sal Basile (June 2010). "Halo: Visit Blood Gulch With Geoff Ramsey". UGO's The Goods (Website). UGO Entertainment, Incorporated. Archived from the original on June 14, 2010. Retrieved 2010-06-12.
- Rooster Teeth (16 June 2014). "Let's Play - GTA V - Ray's Heist". YouTube.
- Rooster Teeth (4 November 2013). "Red vs Blue : Season 10 Episode 22". YouTube.
- Rooster Teeth (3 June 2008). "Episode 1: Why Are We Here?". YouTube.
- Kohler, Chris (26 June 2007). "Machinima Series Red vs. Blue Ends Tour of Duty". Wired.
While the company will continue to produce occasional Red vs. Blue specials, Wednesday's climactic episode will end the long-running serial storyline, which began on April 1, 2003.
- "Roomba Death Match - Happy Hour #1". YouTube. RooosterTeeth. Retrieved 7 May 2015.
- Ramsey, Griffon [@griffonramsey] (November 17, 2017). "Unfortunately it's true. Thank you all for showing respect and appropriate etiquette during our family's transition" (Tweet). Retrieved November 17, 2017 – via Twitter.
- "Let's Play Minecraft - Episode 307". YouTube. LetsPlay. Retrieved 13 April 2018.
- Weiss, Geoff. "Rooster Teeth Opens First Pop-Up Store In Los Angeles For Its Geoff Ramsey Collection". TubeFilter. Retrieved 13 June 2018.
- Rooster Teeth (October 16, 2016). "Episode 24: Red vs. Blue vs. Rooster Teeth". Retrieved October 16, 2016.
- Krahulik, Mike (November 12, 2007). "Pokemon Night and CP". Penny Arcade. Archived from the original on July 31, 2016.
Gus Sorola, Geoff Ramsey, and Burnie Burns (Simmons, Grif, and Church from RvB)
- Bungie (August 4, 2011). "O Brave New World". YouTube.
- Rooster Teeth (25 December 2014). "X-Ray & Vav - Episode 4: Storm the Tower". YouTube.
- @RoosterTeeth (December 7, 2016). "Introducing Boomerang Geoff of whatever Australia has. #ELR" (Tweet) – via Twitter.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Geoff Ramsey.|