Illif was born into an ecclesiastical family on 7 October 1867. He was educated at St Edmund’s School, Canterbury and ordained in 1892. He was a missionary in China from then until 1920, the last 17 years as Bishop of Shantung. Returning to England he was the vicar of Goole until 1928 and Archdeacon of Hereford until 1941. He died on 10 June 1946.
- He was the 5th son of the Rev. George Iliff, Headmaster of Hall School, Sunderland > “Who was Who” 1897–1990 London, A & C Black 1991 ISBN 0-7136-3457-X
- ILIFF, Rt Rev. Geoffrey Durnford’, Who Was Who, A & C Black, an imprint of Bloomsbury Publishing plc, 1920–2015; online edn, Oxford University Press, 2014 ; online edn, April 2014 accessed 28 July 2015
- “The churchman's missionary atlas” Watson, C.M (Ed) London SPCK 1912
- Crockford's Clerical Directory1940-41 Oxford, OUP, 1941
- The Times, 13 June 13, 1946; pg. 1; Issue 50476; col A Deaths
|This article about an Anglican bishop is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|