Pen and ink drawing of Nutter
This biography of a living person needs additional citations for verification. (August 2009) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Geoffrey Nutter is an American poet, born in Sacramento and based in New York. He is the author of five collections of poetry: A Summer Evening (winner of the 2001 Colorado Prize), Water's Leaves & Other Poems (winner of the 2004 Verse Press Prize), Christopher Sunset (Wave Books, 2010), The Rose of January (Wave Books, 2013), and Cities at Dawn (Wave Books, 2016). He earned degrees from both San Francisco State University and the Iowa Writer's Workshop. His poems have been widely anthologized, including in The Best American Poetry, The Iowa Anthology of New American Poetries and Isn't It Romantic: 100 Poems by Younger American Poets. He is an associate professor of creative writing at New York University.
- Cities at Dawn (Wave Books, 2016)
- The Rose of January (Wave Books, 2013)
- Christopher Sunset (Wave Books, 2010)
- Water's Leaves & Other Poems (Verse Press, 2004)
- A Summer Evening (Center for Literary Publishing, 2001)
- Geoffrey Nutter's Author Page at Wave Books
- Review of Geoffery Nutter's Christopher Sunset by Jeffrey Cyphers Wright
- Review of Geoffrey Nutter's Water's Leaves & Other Poems by Greg Purcell
- Geoffrey Nutter's NYU Bio
- Review of Geoffrey Nutter's Christopher Sunset by Jake Fournier
- Geoffrey Nutter's poem "Mother's Day" in Gulf Coast: A Journal of Literature and Fine Arts (23.1).
- Geoffrey Nutter's poem "The Real World and the Dream World" in Gulf Coast: A Journal of Literature and Fine Arts (23.1).